or Connect

Posts by Magick Man

If no one else is going to mention it, I sure will. DB11 official reveal: God, that's gorgeous. Power comes from an all new 5.3l AMG-derived 600+bhp TT V12 (rumor is it's closer to 650), with top-shelf magnetic ride damping (ripped directly from the GTS), and... a real 6-spd manual (new bespoke Getrag) option. Plus there's the usual Aston interior, which is still one of the best in the business. All for mildly-optioned 911 Turbo S money. As sad as I am to see the old...
It's a closed planar headphone with XC as the last 2 letters in its model name.
No , no Lucas. Ever.
I love these, @$1400 they're worth every single penny.
Nah, it's mostly because the OEM gets hot as hell.
So our Super MIDI (mid-mounted Mini) is going forward. The main change? Instead of the Toyota V6 we're going to use a TVR-sourced, bored & stroked 215 ci Rover V8 (all alu, `natch) w/ hemi Cosworth heads, good for ~370bhp, with a TVR/Lotus TA, to keep it all British (more or less). Lucas FI? AHAHAHA!! No, don't be daft.
At 95-97 it works like a champ, but I can tell the amp is straining and they're pushing it hard to keep up, so the bottom-end suffers slightly. It's entirely enjoyable, though.However, using them all the time on it could maybe shorten its life, it gets really warm. Usually I power them with a Master 9 or ECBA, they're much better suited to cope with the beast.
The only cans I have that go >90 are my HE-6s.
Yeah, being weird is what makes it cool, if they screw with that there's no reason to buy one. So I finally got an E/90 energizer (it's really an amp) for my ESP/950, I saw one on ebay for cheap so thought "why not?" Anyhow, after much listening between it, a Woo WEE (hooked to an Accuphase E-560), an SRD-7 (with same amp), and my SRM-717, I can say with certainty that... I can't tell much difference at all. Seriously, whatever differences that exist could very well be...
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/134344/20160218/renault-alpine-vision-concept-breaks-cover-ahead-of-geneva-motor-show-reviving-the-alpine-sports-car.htm Looks okay, but it'll never be sold in the USA.