Posts by Magick Man

I'm not getting how people think these are "weak", usual Head-Fi Hyperbole®? They're a solid, attractive product, and when prices settle down a little they'll be a decent value too.
Hilarious! We've been here 3 days and already someone has tried to charge >$25k in unauthorized CC purchases, all in the last 12 hours. Now I have to verify every charge within 30 seconds (there's a pop-up in my Amex app) or it gets rejected. After I rejected 3 in a row they suddenly stopped, I guess they figure that the jig is up. I'm not even sure why they bothered, all of the charges they tried before that were cancelled too and now they're being tracked down by the...
Bought these and brought with me on vacation. So far, I'm pretty impressed. They aren't "Top Tier", but they don't suck. Sound-wise, I'd classify them in a similar league as the HE500s or well-modded T50s, but more sleek and sexy. They're a solid first attempt at "orthos on the go". iPhone 5s>Vamp Verza>Oppo PM-1
It's a Vamp Versa or a HeadAmp Pico Slim, depending on the source, either my phone or a tablet. Sure, feel free to post my impressions, I'll publish a full review later, after I've listened some more and have the time.
Perceptions in the USA are that everyone in Italy is lean, sexy, and drives an Alfa or Ferrari. The truth, however, is that they're generally rather short, prone to excessive emotional outbursts, and the roads are clogged with tiny Fiats and bicycles. Sure, you see an Alfa or Maser once in a while, and I glanced a yellow Gallardo while we were sipping coffee at a cafe, but I've yet to see a Stallion anywhere here, except in magazines. Since we purposely arrived here with...
They arrived Friday but I didn't get to listen to them until I was on the plane.Yes, I was able to twist Ferrari's arm and get some terrace seats comped, so we'll be there as their "guests" and have Scud Ferrari passes. I can't wait, it's my first F1 event in 20 years.
Yeah, it's about that "feeling", and most German carmakers don't get it*, but then, neither do the Americans or Japanese, unless they accidentally step on it (new Stingray and original NSX). The Brits mostly get it, but then it breaks and is never quite the same again. *Porsche usually gets it, but then they try really hard to cover it up with too many systems and tech gizmos. I'm trying to get a minister or functionary to show me around the impound yard where the...
3 days?
Oh, and I brought the Oppo and NAD cans with me for testing while vacationing, so they'll get a lot of ear time.
It's all about maintenance with the 924, 928, 944 and their service records. You pay on the front end, or you pay a whole lot more later. We're all settled in now, what a gorgeous city after dark. We rented a small walled and gated villa for a month, it has a small garden and fountain in the back. I'm hanging out there on a swing right now, clear skies and 18C. Awesome. I ended up leasing a new-ish 2014 Quattroporte for a month, because it was a whole lot cheaper than...