Posts by Magick Man

Car salesman speak: "5 year restoration project" means "The seller ran out of money and let it sit, half done with a tarp over it, for a few years". Here we go, think it'll do 0-60 in 4 sec? Will it do 0-60 at all? I'll find out. For only $5700, I think it's a good buy. It's worth that much just for the hardwood.
Yeah, distance is everything, but from Cali, "white glove" service, in an enclosed trailer, it was $2200 /car. However, that can go up fast with cars that need special handling and extra travel insurance, which is any car >200k. That's case-by-case and runs 3-5k, or more. From Fla, it's ~ 1/2 that.
Nabbed a `58 Triumph TR3A, only $12,500. That will be a cool little resto project.
Yeah, it is. XJ120 base and all-steel body. Look at the shifter linkage. Sexy.
That 365GTB/4 Daytona went for a good price yesterday, @525k. That's ~100k below CVM, and all the cars I got were at least 25% below. I'm absolutely going to need to pay more attention to AA's auctions from now on. On the docket today, another Amphicar!
Not too demanding, are ya? Mother of God... http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL14&ID=r0250
Noo! I've already decided we're going to convert it to an actual Batmobile rear. It'll look great.
Yeah, I got the Healey the price was too good to pass up. Sure do, I have a `73 1600 Jr Ziggy. They're not too to locate.. Yeah... I got another Cooper S, don't judge me. At 10k it was a steal.
Batmobile, bought. haha http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL14&ID=r0379 For 38k, why not? The 4-spd Muncie on the floor cinched it. There's at least $80k in work resto-modding it, and yet another case of someone lavishing much more love (and money) on a car than it will ever be worth.
I was only playing around, Emma is my bid-clicker and she gets really excited (I have to keep the bid window minimized or she'd be clicking, and bidding, on everything). That was an excellent value on the A-H, so I had to bite on it, especially since it's already been modernized, which saves a lot of hassle. We can always paint it BRG later, if I want.She won the Devin too, I'm really excited about that. It's been on my list for a while but I haven't been able to find one...