Posts by Magick Man

I was told it ran in a class of Super Stock
We don't usually go to any beach, because my wife can't swim and she hates them (she's the opposite of a sunbather). Ex-drag racing C1 we picked-up for almost nothing. However, it has one major thing going for it, at one time it was the 1/4mi world record holder in its class, kept it for almost a full year. It not only broke the old record, it crushed it by .35 sec (which is an eternity in the sport). We're going to restore it back to full drag spec, the way it was when...
So far they're in the mid-160s and ramping up, so it won't be too long. Edit: Oh, you were talking about the Rossion, NM. I'm trying to do too many things at once. We're back in Rome and I'm chilling out today, tomorrow I'm sure my wife will be dragging me everywhere again.
Hey, got an email from Rossion, I'm getting the first US-built M600 (named the Q2 over here), as soon as they "figure out what they're doing". Hmmm... does it sound like I should be concerned? Went on a test drive in Nice, this is hard work. (largest... brakes... ever...) The natives here are stone-cold, they don't even blink when they see something like this roll by. The only people getting whiplash are Japanese and American. lol
I could only imagine what it would cost to have him as a full-time chef, the liquor bill alone would be staggering. I'd have to give up a hobby, or something. WB buddy!I look my age, mid-40s. OTOH, unless you look closely she appears to be ~21. She often tells people that I'm her father, just to mess with them.It wasn't me! Geez. I would have said Arkansas. Gulf Shores is really nice, provided there hasn't been a tanker spill in the last few months. I went at a bad time...
I'm mostly annoyed with Mercedes dominating everything, it was a lot of fun and a great venue. Also we got a pic of my wife with Alonso, Kimi, and Gordon Ramsey (who was catering and hosting). If she lets me, I'll post it up. At one point Gordon asked her, "Is he your father?", pointing at me. She replied, "We're from Tennessee, not Alabama." Then I threw in, "Absolutely not, I paid her parents good money for her." I showed them some pics of my cars and he was like, "F***...
That was all a bit disappointing. The event was a lot of fun and we met some interesting people and celebs, also we did catch some qualifying and practice on Fri and early Sat. I could stand on the balcony with binoculars and see some of it. But the lack of overtaking leaves me cold, it's completely ridiculous and not much more than a very loud game of follow-the-leader. Oh well, at least Hamilton didn't win, and Alonso did finish #4 (one of the only drivers to pass...
yeah, would have liked to have talked with Brian, but he was busy and I didn't want to be a jerk. Going to take a nap before the race, we didn't go to bed last night and I'm beat. However, later I have a poker story, and it starts with, "I really should have walked away from the table, let alone sit down..."
"Bicycle race in a bathroom" fits, people don't realize until they get here just how cramped it all is. Seriously, I've never seen so much packed into such a tiny area. Traveling at those speeds on these streets can only be a constant panic attack. Everyone makes jokes about the Beta; mainly how they rust away to nothing if you leave them out in the rain and how they sort of fall apart on their own, even if you never drive it. I think it looks like a shorter DeLorean,...
We in the States only think we know discrimination, Italians have it down to a science. Arabs, or anyone who appears to be Arab, are fiercely hated here. I dropped by the tailor to get my clothing order, and while picking up accessories and talking with the owner (whose English was so poor that we resorted to speaking in Spanish) an Arab fellow walked in. When he did, the mood in the whole store changed, from being happy and festive to hostile and pensive. The customer...