Posts by Magick Man

Well, we're in Dubai. My wife stepped off the plane and said, "holy s***!", and rightfully so. It's striking, but HOT. Also, within 15 minutes you're hit with culture shock. I asked about our bags, the man blinked and replied, "they will be in your room, sir", then we were shuttled (past customs) to a VIP lounge (massive plasma screens showing soccer and Bloomberg financial news, open bar, and tables loaded with snacks), where we had a drink and they took our passports and...
$108k isn't at all bad for a decade worth of audio enjoyment, silly proles.
I love old Z cars, the fat-arsed 280ZX doesn't qualify. The 240Z, aka. 1st gen Fairlady, is almost perfect... especially with larger brakes, better dampers, a locking LSD, sticky tires, and RB26DETT/5-spd swap. Even with those mods, you're looking at ~$40k, all in, for something that will smoke all but the fastest new sports cars, and look much better doing it. Check this: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/datsun/240z/1651714.html That's a great price. Leaving...
I have to agree, still shocked me, though. It's that feeling of, "he was just here, WTF?"
It's largely American muscle, and that really isn't my cup of tea. The Shelby Super Snake would be cool, but I'm thinking that's going to go for 8 figures, being only 1 of 2 ever made. Yenko Camaros and the like don't do much for me, they aren't what I'm into. They'll bring a hefty profit though, B-J will make sure of that, no matter what they have to do. (I detest those guys.)
In Ferrari's defense, that is a pre-production factory prototype that's been ridden hard by probably 250+ people with >50k hard miles on it. For a supercar, it's been thoroughly hammered. 996/1000 pt `59 Jaguar XK150S 3.4L Roadster, it's had a refresh and detailing, but is mostly unrestored. http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21916/lot/355/ What a beauty. I really debated bidding on it (that was a fair price), it's likely the best one in the world, but that really needs...
G1 RX7s weren't particularly fast, but they sure were fun. A buddy had one in HS and even though it wasn't the fastest car he always managed to keep up. The sound was great too.I think a projected $4-5M for a track-only racer, that you can't even take home with you, is pretty steep. After driving the street version, I can say that it doesn't need any more power, grip, or anything else. The only thing I'd really change is the steering wheel (I prefer round) and the...
I've sat in them, I'll fit. The seats go back quite a bit and are surprisingly accommodating. However, this is one you finetune a little and that you take out every once in a while, otherwise leaving it in factory condition. Using it as a DD would ruin its collectibility.I've never had the amp that came with the Koss ESP950, so I can't really say how good or bad it is, Obobs said it was decent, but I know they sound very good with anything else, including the rather...
I was told it ran in a class of Super Stock
We don't usually go to any beach, because my wife can't swim and she hates them (she's the opposite of a sunbather). Ex-drag racing C1 we picked-up for almost nothing. However, it has one major thing going for it, at one time it was the 1/4mi world record holder in its class, kept it for almost a full year. It not only broke the old record, it crushed it by .35 sec (which is an eternity in the sport). We're going to restore it back to full drag spec, the way it was when...