or Connect

Posts by Magick Man

Early impressions. Wow. wow. wow. The HD800S + EC Balancing Act might be one of the best audio experiences I've ever had, right up there with SR-009 + BHSE, but for different reasons. The tonal balance and imagery are simply stunning, as close to perfect as headphones can get. The talk of distortion
Via email Schiit says their LIIST SS "tubes" will work with the Valhalla 1 & 2 (input set). That could be interesting.
Those are great, I grabbed several (they work well in A&K DAPs).
I'd say you'd be missing out on a lot, even a $100 amp like the Objective2 would be more capable than the very cheap HP-outs on today's receivers and IAs.
No, I addressed that a few posts ago. It has too many negative effects; smears the mids into the upper bass.
Yeah, the small screen on the back that has "K7XX" stamped on it. Remove it and take out the small foam pad in there. You can put it back in if you don't like the change, it's an easily reversed mod. It opens them up a little, regardless of what amp you use, but I guess it could scale better with better gear.They're quite easy to drive, for your use case I'd probably recommend something even less expensive, like the O2. These are kind of a "warm" set of cans, a more...
Then you should watch the video, particularly @15:20. I've been talking specifically about the resonator mod, not the ones that simply add soft material and don't alter the hardware itself.
Oh yeah. The resonator mod voids the crap out of your warranty, if such a thing matters to you (some don't care). It's very unlikely the others (like the Anaxilus mod) would, since they don't physically alter the hardware itself.
Yes, that's the one. Take a pair of push pins, insert one into one side of the K7XX mesh "disk" on the very back of the headphone, and the other into the other side, then using those, turn the mesh itself counterclockwise a quarter turn. It'll pop right off. Then take out the foam pad and repeat the procedure in reverse to put the mesh back on.
I agree and believe your mod, and the Anaxilus mod, are pretty safe and can be easily reversed, but the resonator is a different kind of thing. With that mod you're actually removing factory material, and unless Sennheiser themselves are the ones to fully restore them, I'd never feel comfortable saying I'd perfectly reversed it. From its original, unaltered state, it's been compromised.