Posts by Magick Man

There will be a race and several performance metrics measured, but the fastest car isn't necessarily going to win. Okay all, let's say you have $10,000 + $7,000 for upgrades, what do you buy (must be available in the USA) and how would you modify it? They didn't go the route I would have chosen, maybe one of you will? What say you?
What hurts the Mustang is the price of good add-ons, not really so much their availability. It's pretty easy getting a G37 up to 500+ WHP with enough money left over for other upgrades, boosting the Ford 4.6L V8 is more expensive (short of bolting in a Procharger and praying) and its stock suspension and brakes aren't quite as robust (but it was $10k less expensive when it was new, so...). That C5... I have no idea what he has planned there.
I just don't want the heavy hand of the law to come in and smack the thread, drive-bys are okay but it was starting to go on for a little too long. In other news, we have a contest starting here at the garage, 3 guys are going to buy cars for under $10k, then add another $7k in parts (I'm paying for that part) to improve its overall performance (not just power). Then after 60 days the whole garage will vote to see who is the winner, with the grand prize being the...
Don't get my thread locked, I'd be quite cross if that happened.
No, but Enzo would have sold his own mum for $5, I believe they had/have different motivations. I'm not ignoring the 365 GTC/4 comments. Personally I kinda like the GTC/4 more than the GTB (aka. the Daytona), visibility is a bit better, it's lighter, subsequently handles better, and has the same engine (even though Ferrari claimed it was different by publishing a lower horsepower rating, a common Ferrari trick used during that time), so it's generally faster as well....
Sure, as long as the replica maker leaves off the badges and they sell it non-integrated. Also, most exotic car manufacturers, with the exception of Ferrari (shocking ), see it as flattering when others make replicas of their long-since-discontinued models. If it was a P1 or 650S they'd probably grab their pitchforks, though, and with good reason. Speaking of which, Ferrari even went as far as to try and sue that builder in New Zealand who is producing 100% accurate...
That's my main issue with it, panel gaps. However, I don't think that's an issue with the kit as much as it is with the integration. When I first got the Zonda there were 1/4-3/8" panel gaps (yeah, in a $1M car), but after we stripped everything from the tub and put it back together, those gaps were less than half as small. That tells me 2 things; one, the tub really was warped and was forcing the panels apart (which is what led to Pagani replacing it entirely), and two,...
All carbon fiber F1 replica kits (CF/kevlar composite monocoque, not tube framed) are now available for 120k, includes interior (sans seats) just add drivetrain, they recommend a flat-6 or SB V8. I think it looks pretty decent. Any fakery you can see here? (other than the wheels, which are kind of obvious)
I got 2.44s with the 918 and I've never experienced a launch that fast before (still not as fast as the CCXR in the 1/4 mile), it was almost physically painful. Motor Trend claims they got 2.1s but I'm a little skeptical, that time is leaps ahead of anyone else.
It's the lesser of 2 evils, they could be writing actual laws instead of this fluff.