Posts by Magick Man

We don't go by the shop book, we charge actual time pricing, and our rates aren't set; detailing is $90/hr (includes materials), general mechanical, electrical, and bodywork is $180, and engineering/fabrication is $320. Need new headers installed? That's pretty reasonable. Need a custom intercooler or manifold designed and built? That's going to cost you.
See, the thing is, I don't really want customers. We offer services because people clamored for us to do work for them, but if I had my way we'd shut the business part of the garage down and just work on our projects alone. I drastically hiked up our rates, cut back the services we offer, and completely stopped advertising. What happened? Business increased. Go figure.
BMW owner: "Give me my car back or I'll sue!" Me: "I understand your frustration. Here's my attorney's phone number, feel free to have your attorney contact him at any time. However, since you agreed to settle any legal disagreements via binding arbitration in the service contract, I'm pretty sure this won't go to court." BMW owner: "WHAT?!" Me: "Yep, look on your copy of it, it's in the 1st paragraph on page 3, right next to your initials." Goes to prove that people...
Nope. I really don't want to sell it anyway, there aren't many around that are in this kind of condition.
Yes, it was written by my attorney.
So I took a week off and essentially unplugged from the internet, it was nice. Apparently I'm also rather dense. You think I'd learn, right? Guy comes into the garage >3 months ago wanting some upgrades to his E46 M3 cabrio (looks practically new,
Are you overclocking?
Where I would tip my hat to the K7XX over the HE560 is breadth and depth of soundstage, otherwise the 560s are just that little bit better than them in every other way.
It's my all-time favorite album, so I've listened to it at least a couple 1000 times. It was just so much more with those `phones (and most other e-stats), it's an extremely well-mixed album for good cans.
The first time I heard Lateralus on my SR-009s was a type of spiritual experience, very powerful.