Posts by Magick Man

Being entirely frank, I've known about the problem with Saleen since I sent the S7 in for its upgrades, you know something is afoot when you ask for a quote for the upgrades (turbos, suspension, brakes, new interior, and numerous CF panels) , you tell them it's much too high, and they come back with (paraphrasing) "Well, what do you think is fair?" I'd like to help, but my garage doesn't make money either. I can keep it going indefinitely, but I know its limitations and...
I've not driven the Vector yet, and according to the head mechanic (who said "it's a f***ing mess"), it's going to be quite a while. I'm in no hurry. No, I don't expect that the 918 will be different, mainly because it weighs almost as much as a Veyron. My main problem is that the visceral experience of driving is being killed, at least at the high end. Who really cares about obscene performance numbers if it's impossible to even get close to them on any road? Bragging...
As a quick aside: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/the-10-worst-supercars-of-all-time-feature I think they're being grossly unfair to the SLR McLaren (and the XJ220, for that matter). The SLR is an epic GT with nearly unrivaled road manners and comfort, especially given just how fast and agile the thing is. Sure it's heavy, but nearly all modern supercars are heavy. Two people pack a couple bags, hop in, and drive to a destination 1500 miles away. It devours roads and...
In fact, if your time is valuable to you and you dislike waiting an extra week or two to get things, Amazon is less expensive than MD.
For those who don't want discussion in here, just skim through the posts until you see someone posting links, that way you don't have to worry about it.My only real issue with the K/Q 700 series is that I couldn't help but notice that some detail is lost, it's just gone. I like the tonal balance, large soundstage, their fit and finish, pretty much everything about them, but they aren't the most detailed cans in their range, and that's where the HD600s trump them. It's one...
My problem with hybrid/electric tech, particularly in the high end, is that it's too refined. I know, I know, let me esplain. Driving the LaFerrari is like playing the latest Gran Turismo; power delivery is instant, you can never turn the stability systems completely off, and no matter how hard you push you can't get a real feeling of speed under, say, 100MPH. And that's due to the suspension systems being so advanced that they actually work, along with the massive...
Of the three 918 Spyder demonstrators available, two are base models, if you can call such a thing "base", and one is a Weissach edition. No brainer, there. Pic of actual Weissach 918 in question (that's a matte black wrap, not paint, because the wrap is lighter, AFAIK none of them are painted by the factory).
A 612? No thanks. http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00429K72Q/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_whWBub1FTFZH2Got a spare $6M? Also can't import to the USA, not without a good lawyer (for S&D) or a napping customs agent (it happens).
Billy, you'll love this. A woman (~30ish) in a Benz passed me yesterday, both hands at the top of her steering wheel, thumbs tapping on her huge-ass iPhone, texting like mad at 60mph. I thought, "That's not going to end well" and sure enough, 30 seconds later I see plastic and bumpers flying everywhere. I get up to the accident and, you guessed it, she'd rear-ended a guy in a Tacoma, never even touched her brakes. She plowed him, he hit the car in front of him, and the car...
You still need to read Martin's Game of Thrones, it's really up your alley (gritty and twisty as hell).