Posts by Magick Man

You mean something like this?
Ebay fees. However, he will come down, if you ask him.
In top trim the Esprit 25th was almost $100k, and in the last year the two sales we have recorded were in the low to mid-50s, and one had more miles than mine, so I'm going to continue with the belief that we got a great deal. LaFerrari update: It's tested, ready, and sitting at the factory, it would be here by now if we weren't waiting for the 458 Speciale. I got a killer price on air freight and they're going to be shipped together on a single two-car flat, then...
The Mecum Harrisburg auction was okay. I did get to buy one car, an Esprit 25th Aniv (I already had a 20th Anniv), a car I've wanted for a while now, so that was great. I didn't expect it to sell so low, @$40k, but the reserve came off and I nearly fell out of my chair. That's a hell of a lot of car for that price, and even though it needs a little TLC, like a gearbox/diff rebuild, it's no big thing. We've grown accustomed to just rebuilding those with every exotic that...
"Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother******."
It is a good deal, I grabbed one to include in the portable DAC/DAP comparison I'm writing up.
Yeah, we did move the seating area forward by ~3' and lowered the stand 4", and even that smallish amount made quite a difference. I'm with you, I don't mind sweeping my eyes from side to side to get the whole picture, but moving my head is too much. In action films things often happen too quickly for your neck muscles to react (also an issue when you sit too close to the screen in a theater). So, yes, for the most immersive experience, panning your eyes is good (.001...
I'm not sure those were the prices, I honestly don't remember but I think they were in that area. It is amazing though, worth every cent, despite the desecration my wife submits it to. Not only does she order all steaks medium (cremated), she also uses steak sauce. $8 sirloin = A1, $80 filet = A1, it makes no difference at all. Fortunately that place has its own style of spicy demi-glace that they offer on the side, or I'm sure she'd ask for A1. I don't say anything to...
Reminds me of a new local eatery that's only open from 6pm-10pm Mon-Sat, and only serves prime rib, domestic wagyu fillets, and a small selection of sides. The prime rib, however, is out of this world. Be prepared for sticker shock though, all the meats are sold by the ounce, like narcotics, and only slightly less expensive than drugs. They list the per ounce beef "market price" (with 6 oz minimum) on a blackboard as you walk in, which is updated daily (ex. Prime Rib -...
Well, our database is now (finally) running locally. Billy would like our array, it has a 10TB RAID-0 array of SSDs caching a 100TB RAID-10 array of HDDs. Over 10Gb ethernet, I can't tell what's running off my local SSD and what's coming from the servers (they run on a 40Gb/s fiber backbone). Oh, and the whole thing is on a rack that fits in a small, well-ventilated, closet. Back in the old days I remember how much of a pain it was to add drives to an array, especially...