Posts by Magick Man

I can't say I'm liking those wheels, and the color doesn't do much for it, but I'll bet it drives as smooth as silk.
Don't be jealous, it's just plastic and sheetmetal. Besides, it's not really an "official" NART racer, mostly a 250GTE that someone wanted to modify. However, it did lead the way for the 275 NART Spider, and older modded cars, even unique ones, have a way of legitimizing themselves over time. It's sort of a gamble in terms of value, but to me it's worth it even if it doesn't appreciate at all. There's a real golden-age Ferrari vibe to it that I really like, and it's...
Last buy of the weekend, a `61 250GT NART Spider. Should probably say the 250GT NART, because there's only one that was converted that year. Another lowball that I wasn't expecting, it was ~$500k below most estimates at 900k. Anyway, I'm out of money and it's time to go home now.
Yeah, I saw it on Thursday. It needs some work mechanically, due to neglect (par for the course), but cosmetically it's almost like new. That's just a major puzzler, it could have gone for a lot more through private sale. The only thing I can figure is the seller wanted to take a loss, which does happen sometimes.I don't want a house in the south of France. EU property taxes are a nightmare, especially for non-resident aliens (the UK isn't bad). New Zealand's the only...
Oh, and, the Holy Grail is available on ebay. A little history. The existence of this particular comic has been known for decades, but the owner was very selective about who was allowed to see it and never had it graded professionally. That infused it with a certain mystique. "How does it compare to other high grade examples?" "Is it really the best in the world?" Well, it is, or rather, it's tied for best. There is another 9.0 graded Action #1. However, that one has a...
Snagged a minty, perfect (Euro spec) `86 Ferrari 328 GTS, 25k miles, corsa red and saddle int, for $52k (w/ BP). That's too much really, but it's the prettiest I've ever seen. Edit: This one aaaaand, we won a Vector W8. I wasn't there (RM auction), and it wasn't even by phone. We made a lowball absentee bid ($275k), one of 3 for this weekend with them, and the bidding stalled at 250k... then, inexplicably, they took off the reserve. I just, well, don't know what to say....
I'm loving the R&S experience, lots more fun than sitting in an assigned seat surrounded by stuffed shirts.
No, not driven it, but I sat in it and saw it drive by. It's a grey-green metallic, like the Caddie Stormy Grey. Very badass. The Toyota rep said, "it's essentially the prototype for the new Supra". SHEEIIIIT, sign me up.
yep, it does
Frank and I are having fun (it's just us here this year, my wife had business things to take care of). Everyone's abuzz over the GTO sale, but frankly I'm disappointed. I expected a $50M+ result and 38M seems pretty weaksauce for it. The seller kind of jumped the shark by not placing a reserve on it, thinking it would drive up interest, and it would... on a car in the sub-$5M range, but not at the "top". Those cars are going to sell for what they sell for, since there are...