Posts by Magick Man

I commend you, if all head-fiers were so easily pleased this forum would be much more peaceful (but a lot less populated). (and I agree, in terms of value for money, the DT880 is one of the best.)
I chickened out and took the Cayenne (I remembered the R8 has the wrong tires on it for that sort of thing), but it did a good job. It really is a great bad weather car. Kind of going back to the cheap exotic car thing I mentioned earlier, can you really buy a complete Ferrari for less than a used Fiesta? Yes, yes you can! Look and behold the, umm... magnificence. The great 1975 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4, for $12,000 (includes freight). Does it run? Yes, yes it does. It...
They aren't here, however. They're at the garage. I do have the Cayenne, the Rover, and the R8, though, and any of those will go just fine in this stuff. I believe I'm going to do a grocery run soon.
The arctic apocalypse continues, another 6" of snow was dumped on us last night. I'm sick of winter.
Oh, and that DeTomaso barchetta? Bidding petered out at $52k. Why? Because after you factor in transport, paperwork, and the necessary service to get it into running condition, that's about what it's worth. I sent that guy an offer of $65k, just because, and he laughed. Oh well, he can keep it. Maybe he'll find a sucker at $120k, but it won't be me.
Well, the 918 arrived on friday and then we got another polar blast, and another inch of ice, so I didn't drive it. Also my guys are going to wrap it first, so that matte finish doesn't get destroyed by salt and stones, because it doesn't have an undercoating (yeah, it's just a very thin coat of paint, like primer, over the raw carbon fiber). I will, though, soon. Mr Regular mirrors my thoughts on the JDM market, replace AE86 with Skyline if that's more your thing, it...
You don't see a picture?
I may write a guide and publish it at some point, been thinking about it. Just another day at the garage? Not really. (Shown with alu HRE superlights, I also got a set of carbon fiber ultralights on R-compound Michelin Sport Cup+ rubber too, for track use.)
My helpful tip of the day. I get asked this from time to time so I thought I'd talk about it here. "I keep seeing all these 15-20 year-old supercars for under $50k and that seems like a really good deal. I mean, that's not much more than a new Camaro or Mustang. Which of these "budget" exotics should I consider buying?" Abridged answer: None of them "Why not?!?" Because after you factor in maintenance and repairs (older exotic cars break down a lot, especially if you...
Call Razordog and ask for his best price on "B" stocks, which are strangely a lot like the regular ones, from what I can tell. Do the same with the HE-560s and compare prices.Definitely can't agree with the HE-560s being more detailed, though they are more tuned towards treble presentation than the LCD-X. I think it's an illusion, many people will automatically choose the brighter headphone when comparing detail, but the reality is that even warmer sounding cans can be...