Posts by Magick Man

Any time! Some people hate it, but I love going to dealerships, the trick is knowing when and where to say something, not so much what you say. Until you've signed you can do almost anything, short of assault or outright cussing them out. Dumb dumb was about to tell them how much money he had, I had to step on his foot to stop him. Sit near the showroom don't go to an office, plant yourself there, so when you get boisterous you'll start annoying and scaring the other...
Don't get me wrong, it drives well for a car its age, but it runs into the same issues as other cars that are 50 years old. Hearing some talk you'd think it was pure adrenaline and sex, but it isn't. It's an above average classic sports car; uncomfortable, hot, too little suspension, too small brakes, and really too light in the rear to hold traction. It's like... this is sacrilege, it's like an early 70s muscle car, with better sound and sweeter lines. Maybe I'm polluted...
It is the same car as in this video.
In other stuff, the 250 GTO is unfortunately a case of being better off not meeting your heroes, unlike the 288 GTO, which is a mouth-foaming madman. It's fun, and capable compared to its contemporaries, but it's not hard to come away thinking that it's quite overrated and its looks write checks that its chassis can't cash, even after adjustments and stickier tires. Sure, it's a recreation, but it was side-by-side duplicated from an original and has a great many original...
The beauty of them is in their clean lines, they're gorgeous in profile.The car I'm looking at, from their digital catalog:they're pop-up lamps.
It's back now, and booooy does it sound nice, like as good as a $1000+ dedicated headphone amp nice. My tech says the HP output impedance is 2.5 Ohms. So even with very low impedance cans, like the Audeze LCD-X, that's nearly a 10x damping factor. They sound pretty amazing with it too, zero background noise despite them being so sensitive.
I love that caption, "Racing will void your warranty". So using a built-in factory feature voids your warranty! That's hilarious!
Still talking with them about the Daytona spyder, but not sure if we can reach a deal. They wanted $1.6M for it, and even though mechanically it's mostly original it's been heavily restored, rotisserie nut & bolt style, and of course that hurts the value. Trying to explain that to the seller is like talking to a brick wall. He doesn't, or won't, understand that simply because it looks like it did when it left the factory doesn't mean you can get a factory-fresh price for...
- The incredibly short explanation detailing why we were not able to reach an agreement on the sale of the Ferrari 365GTS /4, aka. "Daytona", Spyder from the dealership today, despite the fact that I thought it was really nice and liked it a lot. Overpriced.