Posts by Magick Man

Totally worth every penny, and then some.Was about to post this. How about this, it has no traditional gearbox, instead uses a hydraulic, electronically actuated viscous coupling that changes ratios on the fly to the differential (kind of like a CVT, in a way, only there are 8 actual pre-set ratios that can give the feeling of shifting (or not, if you choose)). It has an 1100hp petrol engine, 700 ft/lbs of torque from the electric motors (it overall makes 1500 bhp/1500...
I get to test drive the new Charger Hellcat tomorrow, that should be pretty neat, right?
We now have all the engine management codes for the Roller Coupe and can adjust a huge amount of powertrain settings (that Rolls absolutely never intended owners to ever access). So that'll be fun. MUHAHAHA!!
I know that they're adjustable with heating and massage, and have drop-down burl wood picnic tables, maybe that's it. Did I mention the thing is nearly 6000lbs?
Did you do the mod? Sorry, I can't remember.I don't believe he, my mechanic, fully understands the complexity of what he wants to do, but even if it doesn't get converted the Fisker is a really cool car design.
Well, I bought the maroon one, so we're going to find out. I also won the dark gray Phantom coupe, which has only 4k miles on it, that'll be fun for date night.
It's a Cobra body kit over a 300Z chassis. Umm... yeah... It doesn't fire, it's just a prop. Oh, and most of the cars (90%) in this auction either don't run, because they're old museum cars that have sat undisturbed for decades, or have moderate mechanical issues and don't run well. My assumption is that anything purchased through this that's >15 years old is a headcase.
The Crosley Hot Shot and Fiat 500 were good buys and we got those, though neither of them start and will need a lot of work. I'm curious about the newer RR Phantom coupes, I might be able to swipe one of those for way under CMV, and my mechanic wants to get one of the Fisker Karmas, so he can rip out the hybrid drivetrain in it and replace it with a twin-charged Coyote V8.
Yep, I have quite a herd of them now; 2 Austin Mark Is, 3 Mark IIs, and 3 Mark IIIs. Oh, and there's this today: https://www.mecum.com/view-lots.cfm?auctionid=RC0215&runDate=02-28-2015&featureDay=Saturday
No manufacturer is going to simply hand over any halo car without sending handlers and technicians, I don't care who they are. They have 10s of millions of $$$ invested in each model and won't let just anyone throw the cars around on a track. Chris Harris covered this, and I've seen it firsthand, the amount of paperwork and red tape you have to clear to climb into a supercar at a track is absurd.As for the 918 being faster than the P1 or LaFerrari, I wouldn't be surprised....