Posts by Magick Man

Well, our database is now (finally) running locally. Billy would like our array, it has a 10TB RAID-0 array of SSDs caching a 100TB RAID-10 array of HDDs. Over 10Gb ethernet, I can't tell what's running off my local SSD and what's coming from the servers (they run on a 40Gb/s fiber backbone). Oh, and the whole thing is on a rack that fits in a small, well-ventilated, closet. Back in the old days I remember how much of a pain it was to add drives to an array, especially...
Yup, I replaced all the batteries in my 3-6v toys with 9v batteries, with varied degrees of success. RC cars were the best! (But they usually died in ~ a week.)
Yep, all the paranoia over "red neighbors", they (BBs) own that. Folks in the 50's were accustomed to letting the gov't do what was best for them. We'd had 2 world wars in 2 generations, so it's understandable, but after a certain point the fear of communism was worse than the reality of it, by an order of magnitude, and we made bitter enemies where we didn't need to.
No, the one I bought before, the `96. I'm keeping the SC'd `98 Monterrey edition, even though it almost literally scares the s*** out of me.
Okay, okay, he was here for only half an hour, but still...
Death to Prius owners! They really are some of the most obnoxious, self-righteous jerks on the road. So we had this British guy named William, thick cockney accent, come by and he just wouldn't leave, I think he's in music or something. Anyhow, he's buying the `96 Diablo SV, even though he claims he's mostly into motorbikes, says he wants to use it in a video or something like that. My wife flipped out over him for some reason, but I couldn't figure out why, his hair...
Got one of these to compare to the AK120 II. It's an entirely unfair comparison, because the AK120 II is an amazing DAP, but the a200p isn't bad at all (using my Note 3 as a source). Anything that small that can still drive most orthos (T50RP, LCD-X, and Oppo PM-1) is pretty impressive, in my book.
Getting a 3/4 bend Ruby Bark. Sexy, sexy...
If you're a Dunhill pipe nut (I am) it's the one time of year they have a real sale. So for the next couple days you can save a lot of money on pipes that are some of the best out there. http://www.pipesandcigars.com/specials/tuesday-special I like these guys and buy a lot from them, they're good eggs.
Now that the Delta has hit BaT I'm sure it'll go for 2-3x that amount. One thing I just noticed however, it's not an Evo. That's a big deal.