Posts by Magick Man

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole! O-le! O-le!
I'm thinking I really want this. Fewer than 800 ISO Rivolta IR300s were made and, IMO, they have a lot of character... Ferrari 330GT looks but with a Corvette 327 V8 under the hood. Here's one fully restored and looking bad ass:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2 Back on sale. Best cans you can buy for a pair of sawbucks.
Don't forget the $1500 to convert it... I forgot that part. Yeah, that sounds like a lot, but look at how much Steelcase exec chairs go for (and they aren't as comfortable as a good GT or sports car seat). I'm on the lookout for a totalled Bentley Conti GT Speed I can scavenge for my home office.
Now that's flying, the guys who do that sort of thing have balls the size of grapefruits. I've ridden in a modified P-51 but we didn't do much more than a few rolls and a moderate neg-G dive.I did finally get to drive it on the track, but the guy was super annoying and didn't want me to take the car over 100mph, induce oversteer, or clip corners. It was like having my HS driver's ed teacher in the car with me. At one point he even started swearing (same as my DE...
Nakamichi BT304 for
I heard GM had the new Z06 at the track, so we ran down to take a look at it. When we got there people were milling around it and a couple engineers were answering questions (and there were free hotdogs and sodas, I'm not joking) but you could immediately tell that it wasn't a track event as much as it was just an exhibit (boo!). When they finally said that they could take some people for "rides around the track" there was a mass exodus which left the GM reps baffled, then...
If I were looking for a cheap, fun, and fast driver's car that's unique, handsome, and sports a respected badge, I wouldn't look any further than this: http://bringatrailer.com/2014/10/17/one-of-three-m102-powered-euro-market-1981-bmw-635csi/
US 4C headlights are all like the Euro-spec roadster: Left: US coupe, Right: EU coupe Edit: Oh, and the ECU firmware is unlocked on the US 4C. (No doubt they know if you mess with it, though, and it voids your warranty.)
I've heard 3500k /year for the next 3 years.