Posts by OK-Guy

Rob.. is it ok to use extension cables using the charger?... I've always used a multi-gang (with surge protection) for my hi-fi & pc stuff or would it be better to plug Hugo's charger directly into mains?... cheers in advance.
 I've read in this thread that the ZX1 streams DSD natively but converts physical files on ZX1 to PCM first, hth.
 that looks like a mains extension cable, you shouldn't have any problems imo.
 now I'm well intrigued... how do you get those raised pimple thingies through your ears? and does it effect the soundstage?... now don't go papering over things...
 if you hold it upside down you can swipe left... clever these Japanese...
 think you've hit the nail on the head regarding the Hugo being a game-changer. Hi-end has always been out of the reach for the man in the street, team Chord have changed all that with a small hi-end flexible package that is now available to the little guy... many will save to get the Hugo, it reminds me when I was a nipper saving my pocket money for that new Corgi car. I saved for ages to get Bond's 007 Aston with the ejector-seat, with the required weekly trip to...
 you'll be monochromatically challenged when you get the Hugo... music will be painted in a myriad of colours, so best to start slicing that pie in readiness...
 I rue the day I sold my Arcam Alpha set-up it is sadly missed, I did look into getting another system but most what I thought I would like sounded 'industrial' in comparison (all clangy & overly detailed). I for one see where your coming from regarding musicality... everyone enjoys detail but there comes a point where music loses its soul/heart, sad but true imo. I guess the Hugo has reintroduced FMJ back into music... see what I did there...  
the ZX1 converts to pcm first... the PHA-2 on its own does DSD native.   I've heard the ZX1 streams DSD native not sure how reliable this info was.
 it all started when the German won the Stage at the Tour de France the day before last Sunday's World Cup final... I won't read anything into Rosberg being German, who happens to drive a Mercedes & is competing in his home GP, uber Deutschland and all that...