Posts by OK-Guy

the advise I gave is valid as the Hugo will have to be returned to the UK no matter to whom, it was also the advice I was instructed to give to another Head-Fi'er who had a similar problem a few months back by Chord(a different UK dealer)... Phil has a good reputation on these boards and no doubt things will be sorted with a positive outcome.   there's a couple of solutions available but I must hasten to add that I've never encountered getting a 'license' before when...
 send your Hugo back to Chord Electronics directly and things will be rectified under warranty, clearly state your problem and send via Courier(FedEx) or Recorded-Delivery, on the Customs-Form state that 'item is being returned for repair' with 'no value', address link below and don't forget to put 'United Kingdom', hth http://chordelectronics.co.uk/contact.asp
 if you're looking to match with your Epic speaker cables then the Chord Anthem RCA's would the ones... I had Chord Co's Chameleon RCA's which were excellent so no complaints here, hth.
 nah think you mean Pierre, that's definitely French...    because it's called Hugo... you almost threw me with that photo of George...      loved the way you arrived at that Sherlock Ted... 
 it is a completely 'satin matt' finish with no sparkly bits, it feels different in the hand as well imo, hth.   Chord actually do a gold-plated Chordette range... worth a thought...
 don't forget Eve... ohh, no cackles with my ZX1 or PC, plenty of music though...    I doubt if the Hugo will disappoint, the responses are more than favourable even with difficult to drive headphones, hth. 
Rega make a pretty good transport in the Apollo range that is well priced, hth.   link: http://www.rega.co.uk/apollo-r.html
 not in the slightest... I enjoy a bit of banter...  
 I'm seriously not into 'fat bonus checks' being a bit over weight (age thing, that and I drunk five of my six-pack which didn't help matters)... bread & water for me at the Xmas party, ho-hum
 I can see me enrolling you in my 'Ironically Challenged Group' to get a NVQ...