Posts by Matty87

Hi guys   Planning to buy the Audeze LCD-2 this week along with the Fiio X3 Player.   What i want is an amp that will fit in my pocket and that will not be too much bigger than the X3 Player. Willing to spend up to around the $300 max if possible.   I don't need to have the best sound ever - as long as the sound i get will still be fun and a BIG step up from a Denon AHD-2000 out of an iPod.     So far i have considered the iBasso PB2 ($369 in Australia), JDSLabs...
Hi guys   I've been looking for a new set of circumaural HP's since my Denon AHD2K's failed on me last week (the left cup stopped working, i replaced the headphone jack which has fixed the problem, but if the cord moves around a lot the music skips).   I keep coming across the Audeze LCD-2's and sound like they are exactly what i'm looking for from a headphone. I know that these need an amp to shine, however i will not be investing in a desktop amp. The reason being is...
aahhhhh yes, I should have mentioned i purchased directly from Amazon, and not a merchant. It's better to do so for warranty purposes as well.   Hey guys, where does Denon list Amazon as an authorized reseller??
Don't buy from Headsonic - I'm pretty sure they don't trade anymore. I've tried contacting them numerous times.   And Amazon do ship the AH-D2000's to AUS, mine are on their way.
Hey tmars, thanks   I'm leaning towards that it might be in the tracks. Do you have or use a DAC? What headphones do you own?
Hey mate   Thankyou for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have an independant DAC, I'm only using my PC's onboard audio. iPod produces the sound as well... I've got another PC in the house (again just using onboard audio), but again I get the same crackling. Also, it doesn't depend on the volume, the crackling is there despite volume levels.   I've tried SEVERAL other tracks which are fine, actually vast majority of my music is. It's only certain songs I get...
Jae304 here are some helpful links (all who own ah-d2000 should probably take a look at this):   http://denonahd2000.wordpress.com/others-problems/   Here is the mod for strengthening screws:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/344869/denon-d2000-mod-so-long-screw-issue   Seems like a good mod and permanent fix. It's a shame there are no pics for instructions, but nonetheless handy :)   Does the latter link seam feasible to current owners?
Thanks Dubstep Girl, perfect!!!!!
Well, i've got a pair of Dedon d2000's on the way, my other earphones have the noise as present... but i thought that could be because they are of low quality so that noise would be expected of them at times. They are in no way shape or form comparable to the Senns...
Hi guys   I've ordered the Denon D2000's, my curiosity has got the better of me!   I'm also going to purchase a headphone travel bag to store them and keep them safe. I've also found a mod that strengthens the joint.   By the way, are there instructions available anywhere on how to take the headphones apart??? I've tried looking but i can't spot any thorough ones...