Posts by HolyCheese

-Headphone(s) you possess: HD 650 HD 580 HD 518 Fidelio x1 Alessandro ms-one Koss portapro Cosmic Ears pure   -DAP(s) you possess: Phone and surface tablet Cowon j3   -FiiO product(s) you possess (if any): E10 E5 The extension cable and cable for x1 which i got for review purpose.   -Descriptions and links to review(s) you have posted:   -Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Netherlands   -Language(s) you can...
Is the headphone itself higher rated then a hd650 on a bottlehead crack+speedball?
Hello there,   What would be a good price for this headphone and is it worth getting? I'm asking because I see a pretty cheap one for sale nearby. It's ad price is 140 euro. (around 180 dollars or sumthing) I can probably get some off the price. BUT it comes as is. He couldn't test it and I myself don't have an amp.   Is it possible to run these out of a speaker amp someway? Maybe with a converter, if it's possible what do I need for not too much money.     Thanks...
Whats a good price and shop for within the Netherlands?
I am terribly sorry to inform that my review will have to wait for a while. I have my ears to worry about and can't let my ears be exposed to sound for a long time. I had some tinnitus for a few months which resolved 3 months back or something, but it recently got back since I got a new bottlehead crack and these cables to test. Unfortunately I also live in a quitte noisy environment.   I hope you will understand and I will wear ear protection as much as possible so I...
Great! Thanks alot, will be sending an email right away!
There are neutral tubes too you know. Biggest gain the x1 gets is with a dac. Amping isn't really neccesary.
Well I wasn't talkig about the 6SN7's actually. I have some PCC189's and 6H23N rocket logos laying here and hoped they might fit.   It's true that someone from Bottlehead is active here right? Is a faulty tube covered by warranty? Or should I go on ebay and buy another one.   Atleast i'm Lucky it still works as longs as I shield it somehow. :)
Hmm Those are pretty ugly. I like the nice glowing in the dark.  And placing doesn't really matter since it happens anywhere on my desk. It's next to my laptop but that's on LAN and the wifi comes from my bed 2 meters away. The router is much further away. I don't even live in a busy place with alot of wifi around..  What about the alternative non 12au7 tubes for this amp?
I think I have a bad tube. When I touch the amp or tap the desk it's on I hear it in the left channel. When I rub my finger across the metal plate it even sounds trough the tube. Tapping the tube is, ofcourse, audible and quitte loud really. This is mostly in the left channel.   This isn't that big of a problem. I have another more anoying problem. It started with slight crackling every now and then whenever I wasn't listening to music and the amp was on. It happened...