or Connect

Posts by powerpopper

Ah, what a long and twisted road has brought me to this thread. I previously owned the Audeze LCD-2 along with a portable DAC and separate headphone amp from ALO Audio. I also had a Schiit desktop DAC and amp (forgot the name, the amp had tubes, some Viking sh!t) and guess what? It sounded great. But it was a hassle. I had to basically carry the cans in their own case, the "portable" setup was bulky. Not to mention I had a few thousand dollars invested in the whole thing....
It's on HDTracks. I might have to pick that up today. Great album.
Hey Bern, I picked up that case too. Haven't used it yet, but definitely will when I travel. I'm really digging this set up. One thing I forgot to mention initially...I heard a couple of folks say the build quality on the MDR-1ABT was lacking and that they feel a little light. They are some of the most comfortable cans I own and I feel confident I can handle them on a flight from LA to NY without fatigue. Very cool.
I went through a huge headphone and accessory buying phase the last time I was on this board and according to my Amazon history, have 3 Fiio amps--the E5, E7 and E11--now I just have to find them! Of course, the E12 looks pretty cool too.   Forgot about that bundled Eagles package (which of course I already own on CD). I may have to look into that along with Elton's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road...and Petty and the Stones. Damn, this is going to be expensive. :-)
As I've now had this combo for 3 days, I do find myself wishing for a bit more volume on LDAC. But then again maybe I'm saving my hearing from my own desire to "play it loud!" It is indeed loud enough for air travel which was my main purpose. I might invest in a headphone amp so I can listen with my wired cans.   I mostly like the music from my youth (mid-to-late 70's) so I picked up the Eagles' Hotel California, The Knack's Get the Knack and Rod Stewart's Blondes Have...
I did the firmware update immediately and have listened to nothing but LDAC, which sounds great. Very occasionally it seems to choke but I have found that is when I have put the player in my pocket. For my purposes, I don't see this being a problem long-term. Sorry, where are those EQ settings again?
Just wanted to say thank you for starting--and keeping up--this excellent thread.   I received an NWZ-A17 and MDR-1ABT headphones yesterday and OMG I am blown away. My main purpose is to use this combo for air travel so wireless, great battery life and superb sound quality are a combination I thought I would never have. I picked up some Hi-Res tracks and will read over your recommendations for a few more, but one day in I am a very happy customer!
Whole bunch of Schiit in this classified...   Earlier this year, I went through a major headphone and amp acquisition phase and 6 months or so later find that I need to sell most of my gear to finance other projects. I am the original owner of all these items and they have never left my smoke-free home. All are very gently used and clean and were purchased directly from Schiit Audio. Will ship to CONUS only. Payment accepted via Paypal only. Sorry, no trades. I've...
Earlier this year, I went through a major headphone acquisition and 6 months or so later find that I need to sell most of my gear to finance other projects. I am the original owner of all these items and they have never left my smoke-free home. All are very gently used and clean. Will ship to CONUS only. Payment accepted via Paypal only. Sorry, no trades. I've tried to make the prices as competitive as possible, but I am willing to listen to any reasonable...
Earlier this year, I went through a major headphone acquisition and 6 months or so later find that I need to sell most of my gear to finance other projects. I am the original owner of all these items and they have never left my smoke-free home. All are very gently used and clean. Will ship to CONUS only. Payment accepted via Paypal only. Sorry, no trades. I've tried to make the prices as competitive as possible, but I am willing to listen to any reasonable...