Posts by BIGtrouble77

Same problem with the new cables, it doesn't seem they addressed this problem at all. My current pair of failed cables are the new ones. It's good to hear I'm not the only one. -bt
I've had UE10pros for over 2 years now. I've been through about a dozen cables in that time, no joke. Happens like clockwork, after about 3 months one of the monitors start cutting out until it stops working completely. My hypothesis is that the wire that bends around the ear is somehow shorting the signal- After a few months the 'plug' wears a bit and flexes. Once I replace the wire everything works great for another 3 months. UE insists that this is not common. ...
This has been a fun thread to read, I love all the UE10 comparison threads- tons of drama, useful info, bogus info, more drama, etc... I tried so hard to enjoy the universal IEM's I've owned, but I ultimately ended up despising them all. Comfort and fit is soooooo underrated. Every universal IEM i've used got a good seal about 10% of the time. That means 90% of the time the sound quality wasn't nearly what it should have been. On top of that, I found the universal's...
Only software I know of is notmad explorer from redchair software. It's not free, but very cheap and works very well.
Quote: Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77 I've read that if your unit has scratches and dings they may give you a hard time. wow, what a poor choice of words...
Quote: Originally Posted by Blooze I've seen a lot of talk here about the X5 and was wondering about support for their units? Mine died from a power surge. Cowan sent me a new one really fast. I felt bad cause it wasn't their fault, but I couldn't just eat $300. I've read that if your unit has scratches and dings they may give you a hard time. I know creative will do the same.
I went to a David Lee Roth concert in the late 80's just before he got sued for playing too loud. It was way too loud. He's toned it down considerably over the years. I bring my UE10pros without the wire to shows now. They aren't like earplugs that muffle all of the high end. Basically makes everything sound perfect at a much lower level. After that first DLR concert I never go to any shows without earplugs even if I look like a complete tool.
See, this is the thing about headfi and audio equipment in general. You use crappy gear your whole life then discover this place, make a modest investment in some headphones and it's complete ecstasy. Problem is you develop a dependency on your new gear, but also begin to crave something more. Then you start reading about even better gear and the crave gets stronger. Then evil thoughts creep into your head. Should I buy that $900 headphone? My advise, buy those...
Quote: Originally Posted by doobooloo Partial appreciation for me. Properly amped, these sound like feces with too much bass and no mids. Sorry. When running straight from iPod or my ThinkPad T41, it sounds much nicer due to the lacking bass output and slightly recessed highs, making the sound much flatter to my ears. Which, actually, is quite nice, not to have to use amps. They're sort of already pre EQ-ed for true portable use without...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZackT I had the Palm Tungstin T3 and did some tests. I thought it sounded harsh and tinny compared to my other players. Perhaps they've improved SQ on the 650? I'm weiry of this phone/PDA though after reviews and quirks like these: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000100022690/ ZT The sound issues on the 650 were related to the ear speaker on the phone and bluetooth headset levels. Both have been addressed...