Posts by ruleof72

Hi All,   Last month, after a lot of research and saving, I made the decision to get back into vinyl and purchased a Pro-Ject Carbon DC turntable. I've started off re-acquiring the albums I had as a kid along with a few new ones. I'm really enjoying it and the sound coming out of the turntable is great when piped through my main system's speakers. Now it's time to get a headphone amp so I can enjoy all the analog goodness through my Mad Dog Pro's.   I have a Schiit...
  Not bad for a $3 used LP. A nice way to close out the evening.
A little Anthony for a Tuesday night:   Nothing like some Ted Nugebt to put things in perspective!
  I picked up a few classical albums at the record store today. They were $3.00 each and the quality seems to be pretty good. There's a few pops and clicks but not too bad. I'm not very knowledgeable at all on Classical music but I do enjoy it. This particular one is a nice recording from The Musical Heritage Society, circa 1985. Maybe I'll follow this up with some Black Sabbath or AC/DC!
  My first listen to the latest from Petty & The Heartbreakers and I have to say it's not too bad at all. This is a bit of a step back in time and that's not a bad thing. I'll need a couple more listens but so far I like it. If you buy the vinyl you get a coupon for a free digital download which is a nice bonus.
Blue Oyster Cult- Some Enchanted Evening     I haven't heard this in a very long time. I had the LP back in High School but never got the CD version. It's a pretty good live album, especially "Godzilla" which is a great song!
Listening to the first album I ever bought. This copy needs a bit more cleaning but the songs are just as I remember them. Watching that vinyl spin on the turntable brings back a lot of memories..........
  Listening to the 1999 CD version and really enjoying it, as I always do. I wonder what the 2014 Vinyl release sounds like in comparison? Does anyone have both that give me an idea if the vinyl is worth the extra $$'s
Listening to the first album of the 2014 re-master, re-issue of KISS Alive. It's pretty much like I remember it from back in the day. This was the 2nd album I owned. I bought it at the local "head shop" with money from my paper route. Oh the memories........  
   Thank you both. Glad you enjoyed the post. I am really looking forward to building up the collection. I expect I will buy some new but many will be used. Luckily we have a couple of good record stores here in Atlanta so there's always a good amount to pick from. As for the turntable, that was one of the reasons I delayed the purchase, I wanted to make sure I could get at least a low-hifi model that would give me a quality listening experience. I'm not "golden eared" by...