or Connect

Posts by ruleof72

Thanks for the feedback on the Vali2. For the price it seems like a great value. Regarding the Vali and K7XX "burn in", I have heard they take some time to open up. What has been your experience with them? How many hours are we talking about?
I just joined the Massdrop on the AKG K7XX which I'll use in my office system. Now I need an amp to power it and since I'm a happy Schiit owner (Magni v1) I'm thinking about adding the Vali2 to my collection. It looks like a great way to try out the "tube" sound. Based on what I've seen it looks like it should pair well with the AKG's. Any additional input or issues I should be aware of before I place my order?
I just "joined" the drop on the AKG K7XX and looking forward to getting them next month. Now I need to get an amp lined up. I'm thinking of the Schiit Vali2 and it looks like it should offer more  than enough power for the AKG's. Anyone have any feedback on that?   Thanks for the help and suggestions as always!
   Thanks for the tip on the AKG K7XX, I was not aware of it. I'll need to do some research on it. Any input on how they might compare to a couple other options I've been looking at like the Audio-Technica AD900/ AD900X, Sennheiser HD 598 or even the AKG K612?
I've been a happy owner of the Mad Dog pros for a couple of years and am now looking to build out a budget audiophile system for my office. I'm thinking of going with the Schiit Vali2/Modi as the amp/DAC combo and would like some suggestions on open-backed headphones. I really like the sound profile of the mad Dog pros on my main system so if I could find something similar in sound but in an open-backed design I think that might be a good fit. Budget is $250-$300...
I've been a happy owner of the Mad Dog pros for a couple of years and am now looking to build out a budget audiophile system for my office. I'm thinking of going with the Schiit Vali2/Modi as the amp/DAC combo and would like some suggestions on open-backed headphones. I really like the sound profile of the mad Dog pros on my main system so if I could find something similar in sound but in an open-backed design I think that might be a good fit. Budget is $250-$300...
Best powered monitor under 7 inches wide?   After a change in my work to a new company I am spending a lot more time working from home. That means I can now justify an upgrade in my computer audio system. I'd like to find a quality monitor for the desktop that is <$300-$350. The JBL LSR305's look great except for their size. I have fairly limited space and it looks like the 305's (at 9+ inches wide) might not fit. I could go larger but only if I get stands and set them...
I've been a very happy owner of a Schiit Magni amp that powers my Mad Dog Pro headphones while streaming digital files. I added a turntable to my system earlier this year and love it but up until now I haven't used headphones with the turntable. I am looking to consolidate my system to one that I can listen to both analog and digital music through one headphone amp and my Mad Dogs. I'm looking for some suggestions for an amp that can drive the Mad Dogs and sound good with...
The Art Of Julian Bream-Brought to you by 317X "The loneliest man in the recording studio is a guitarist..." This 1960 recording on the RCA Red Seal Label proclaims "Living Stereo" and "Miracle Surface (containing the revolutionary antistatic ingredient 317X)" on the sleeve. I don't know about that but for a 55 year old vinyl disc it sounds pretty good. Julian Bream (born 1933 in London) is a classical guitarist and I had never heard of him until I saw this record in...
 A Good Life Mantra-Minute By Minute by The Doobie Brothers So many times we seem to get caught up in our hyper-speed life. I know I'm guilty of it. Well, way back in 1978 The Doobie Brothers got it right when they came out with Minute by Minute. This is a great record, even more so on vinyl. I thinka a good, clean vinyl copy beats the standard issue CD version. That's not true for many albums but I think it is in this case. Highly recommended!