or Connect

Posts by Niteblooded

Thanks!   After living in a humid climate and having some things degrade quickly I feel paranoid now. I would feel more comfortable if there was no play on the right cup's outside grill but guess it's not going anywhere and not its worth the hassle of doing something about it. Someone on another site said HiFiMANs were too tight but I actually find these 560s pretty comfortable over all.
I like Goldroom's stuff as well.   This used to be a free download on his facebook page but most artists tend to take them down after a short time so not sure if it still is.     Remix of one of his songs.  How do you embed soundcloud as that is how I would have done all these songs but I don't see how you do it? (Free DL on soundcloud)     Here is another Chvches remix (free on soundcloud).  
Thanks.  I don't know if its placebo or not but I also noticed not just my DT990s open up more with more playtime but the WA7 as well.  I don't go looking for it or expect it but I was for the most part unimpressed by both in the beginning and then they opened up after a few days of listening.   So I guess I'm "one of those" as well.  Even if nothing changes I'm very happy with the sound quality so luckily I don't need to rely on any burn-in time.   On the 990s I have...
I'm back and my 560s came in today!   So happy.   The box is really pretentious, I mean seriously I don't want an actual box collecting dust in my closet.  More weight too so now I gotta be careful where I store it, oh well.   First thing that came to me when listening to it is that I love the clarity and separation of instruments as compared to my DT990s.  Voices also seem more distinctive especially on songs with duets.   It is much easier to pick out both singers...
^ Very nice song by the way!  Thanks for sharing.   Used to listen almost nothing but Progressive House but feels like forever and a day since I have.   Just found this song and really love the piano work in it ...and 4:57 to 5:27.   It will get a lot of replay from me.   Shame the piano solo at the end wasn't more pronounced, it had potential.     Looks like Seven Lions is back, this was posted a few days ago.  Still a fan of his work.  
 EDM is definitely a large portion of the electronica I listen to, but I also listen to a lot more relaxed tunes.   Example here is a liquid d&b song with excellent sub-bass.  Without the sub-bass that song would lose its soul. I want to like Seinheisers especially since so many have great things to say about the HD600s and up but I've tried two (granted lower end) but I really don't like that glossy feel it puts on all the songs.   I can see why people would like that as...
Bah! Forgot the all important word in my post - NOT. I do NOT want recessed mids. So that in mind how does the HE560 stack up for what I'm looking for? I either get no reply or a cryptic reply on the bass so I will focus on that right now. From what I can gather the bass is detailed which is good but I'm looking for something that can deliver sub-bass as well as something that digs down and gives full bass. As also asked how are these with metal as well with...
Ya I'm glad the WA7 toned down the treble for me because untamed 990 treble runs amuck.   What are your thoughts on the bass of the 400i and what music do you listen to?
Hey all,  I've done a lot of reading and I don't feel any closer to making a decision than I did before starting.  I am currently running with the DT990s and using the WA7 as both an amp/dac.  The WA7 seems tone down the 990s enough so I can listen longer before getting fatigued by the treble.  If the treble wasn't so bright I probably wouldn't have a desire to try a different set of headphones.   I figure a planar set would definitely give me a different sound signature...
 Thank you, appreciate the feedback!   I do scour soundcloud, bandcamp and other sites on lesser known songs in the electronic realm. I am trying to reduce the brightness because things like cymbals are extremely fatiguing.   Sounds like 400i is not as bright as the 990s but maybe still not as neutral as I would like.   Sounds like I would get instrument separation but bass might be lacking?   It's going to be hard to get good sub-bass from an open headset so my...