Posts by nymarty

Giving this a bump, as I'm looking for the same answer.  Want to split the signal coming out of Peachtree DacIt and send it to Bottlehead Crack headphone amp and Acurus preamp (for my speakers).    Right now I'm using tape output through Acurus but am definitely getting noise added in through that circuit.   Wouldn't a y-splitter out of Peachtree be same as dual output, if it had it.  I've heard that most preamps, dacs, etc. with more than one output are basically...
Peachtree DacIt may be a little pricey for your budget but is an excellent DAC. Good reviews in Stereophile and Computer Audiophile. I bought mine a few months ago and am enjoying it. Another DAC worth looking at is the Rega or the Schiit Bifrost. Happy hunting!
Here are my rcommendations from my own research. Tubes: Bottlehead Crack (DIY for $279) -- perfect for HD650 and what I use for mine Little Dot 3 or 4 Schiit Valhalla (more of a hybrid but well reviewed and well matched to 650s) Solid state: Schiit Asgard -- for $249 and 15 day audition window, you can't go wrong Good luck.
Was doing the same search and agree with others that you should add Schiit Valhalla (or Asgard or Lyr) to the list. My search just ended with a used Crack with Speedball that I just picked up from another member. Awesome combo with HD650s. Am very happy. I was also looking at the Lyr and Woo WA6.
Just bought a Crack with Speedball from a fellow head-fi-er and spent 3 hours with my HD-650s glued to my head. Amazing pairing. Prior to this I was using a pretty decent Yamaha receiver, which i thought drove them pretty well. I was also able to spend some time listening to Woo WA-3 and WA-6 with HD650s at the NY hi-fi show. Didn't like the sound with the WA-3 (flat, uninvolving) but really liked the WA-6. Have to say, though, that I love the Bottlehead...
I was able to get to the show on Friday and made it a point to get over to the Woo room.  Amazing.   I had never had the pleasure of listening to Woo amps or to Audeze headphones.  Was able to spend time with LCD-2 and LCD-3, as well as HD650s and try a whole bunch of Woo amps.   I was even able to spend a little time -- 2 songs -- with the giant WA234 mono amps with LCD-3s.  Wow.   For me, it was also a great chance to try HD-650s (which I own) with different amps --...
Any other amps with preamp outs that I should be looking at? Can't just be the Lyrr. Also, any thoughts on y-splitters? Thanks.
Who makes the 160D?   Is this the Burson that you're talking about?   I thought the amp that had the preamp also had a built-in dac.  I definitely don't want to change out the dac.  I really like the Peachtree.   Thanks.   Marty  
Thanks for the recommendation on the Lyr!   My other option I've been considering here is to use a Y-splitter out of the Peachtree Dacit analog outs and run 1 line to a headphone amp (exclusively a headphone amp like the Asgard) and 1 line to a passive attenuator (like the NHT PVC http://www.nhthifi.com/passive_volume_control_PVC_PC?sc=12&category=1213 ) and then to the McCormack.  This would basically give me separate systems past the Peachtree.  I have a decent pair of...
I'm currently using a Yamaha receiver to drive my Sennheiser HD650s for headphone listening and to drive NHT SB-2s for speaker listening. I drive that from a digital front end that's a MacBook Pro running Audirvana to a V-Link to a Peachtree Dacit. I want a better headphone amp to pair with HD650s but I want something that can also serve as preamp to feed a McCormack DNA1 Deluxe that I have but am not using. Then I can sell the Yamaha and keep feeding...