or Connect

Posts by tals

Hey guys.   Currently, I've got FLAC files that I've directly ripped from CDs, running through an HRT Music Streamer II, into a Burson Soloist SL, to a HifiMan HE-500.   I've listened to a friend's Shure SE535, driven by a Nexus 5. The sound was as good as my home setup, listed above. It got me worried that a seemingly better setup sounds about the same (the Shure had worse treble, but slightly better bass and mids) as a portable, lower quality setup.   On my setup,...
A huge step down?In what way?
Thank you very much for the reply. I can't really comment on the HE-400, as I've ever only heard an HD598 and an HE-500. For buying the HD600 at that price (Almost half the price than it is here), even if I end up disliking it, I can just sell it without almost any loss. How's the sense of speed on the HD600? I would really be disappointed if it was lazy. I like hearing the details, and even when there's alot going on, to be able to separate them from each other, which is...
Hey guys. Currently, I'm running FLAC files through an SRT Music Streamer II, through a Burson Soloist SL, to a Hifiman HE-500. The sound is very nice and I like it a lot. But I miss the comfort of my previous HD598.   I've seen that the HD600 is on sale for 229$ which is about half of what it would cost to buy it, at the cheapest, locally. I've been wondering, how would the HD600 compare to my HE-500? Should I save up and wait for a sale on an HD650?   I don't...
Hey guys. I've been wanting to upgrade my current, very cheap, microphone. Im looking for a desktop, cardioid microphone around $50, to look alright, and sound good. It'll be used for normal Skype conversations, as well as a little sound recording (but not enough to take it into consideration).   Can you guys recommend a microphone for me? I've got my eye on the Samson Meteor, and the Blue Snowflake. I like the look of the Samson much, much more.   Is there any other...
Hello everyone. Hope you're having a good weekend.   I've had my HE-500 for quite a while now, and Im wondering if I should bring it a little sister. Im considering an HD-650, because the sound signature is suppose to be similar, and I always liked Senn's.   How will the HD650 compliment the HE-500? Is it worth investing, or is the sound difference too little (or too big, in a bad way), to buy a second pair?
Not at 2 AM. I will try tomorrow, tho. Just check for continuity? In case that I do get continuity, it means the driver is alive but something else might be breaking the line. What could it be?
I don't have a volt meter. Is there any other way to check it?
Anyone, please? Im desperate, and Headphones.com's support isnt online right now, and so is HiFiMan's.
Hello everyone. My HE-500 are a couple months old. I went downstairs to get some food while I left my amp on with nothing playing. When I got back, my left cup wasn't working. I tried re-plugging everything, to no avail. I switched out the headphones cable from left to right, and it still only sounds on the right side, so it isnt a cable issue. I tried lightly tapping it several times, I tried loosing and reconnecting the cable, I've tried blowing into it, but I...