Posts by dooodstevenn

It's been getting worse, i can now hear static when music is playing. from all ports.
Don't need the amp, need the DAC.  So far seems like I'm SOL, and the 3.0 port still has some static. 
what computer are you using?
Wow, those things are the price of the e10...any other solutions? Or am I pretty much SOL?   I'm also assuming since this is a USB port problem, it will transfer to any other USB DAC I get correct?  So there's no point in returning the e10?
Would I benefit from a USB with a noise filter on it?  I forget what it's called (hopefully someone can help me on this) but like the one that came on the e7 with what looks like little sockets on each end?  And is shorter better?   EDIT: Ferrite USB 
hrm...I am still noticing a bit of static when nothing is playing though...It's pretty hard to describe what it sounds like...the closest thing i can think of is morse code but with a feed back kind of noise mixed with a bit of static.
I will have to admit I was wrong with my first impressions of the e10.  I'm fairly positive now that the problem was from my USB ports, as each one has some static and less in others, and on my very final USB port, it's perfect.  I tried to bend the usb in every way i could think of coiled it up, and put them close to the DAC to see if there would be any interference and nothing. but lots from the other USB ports.     It's funny you mention that, I've got school and need...
I just plugged it into the other side USB port (USB 3.0 if that even matters) playing FLAC through my M50's and it sounds awesome and no static/feedback/buzzing noises.  I guess I will hold onto this one for a bit longer to make sure it was just my USB port.  If its the unit I still have a packing envelope ready for this e10 to go back to amazon.     I do have a Udac-2 on the way, but from what I've read they're not too hot, so I'll probably just refuse the package...
Would the problem be the computer entirely? Or would it differ from each individual USB port?
Had an e7, battery did not charge.  returned e10.  Feedback/buzzing noises issues.    I'm going to be returning the e10 back to amazon, when my new DAC comes in but i have yet to decide that, so any recommendations around the 100 dollar area? I just need something to plug into my laptop and currently using m50's so I don't really need an amp, but it would be nice to have one if i ever get better stuff that needs more power.  But will amping m50's lessen the...