or Connect

Posts by AcademicBarzo

I'd suggest the Urbanite XLs. More thump than rumble, but meet all your other criteria on the nose. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I'd suggest either the Sennheiser Urbanite XL wireless or the Plantronics Backbeat Pro. Former have a good mid bass thump to the sound, but it is otherwise a pretty balanced sound signature (quite dark sounding, as treble is rolled off a bit, though maintains some upper sparkle). The Plantronics hit like a mule in bass, particularly with the ANC engaged (one of the extra features on this headset over the Sennheisers), and the sound signature is generally brighter. Two...
Different heads, different ears. I find them extremely comfortable. I find the leather headband on the Momentum M2s uncomfortable after an hour or so.Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Having picked these up at Christmas, have to say I think they do an amazing job with surround tracks.Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
If there is a V2 and it deals with the BT issues (likely) and either allows the user of BT with ANC or improves the performance of ANC as to clicks and pops (both unlikely), then I might look at these again. Will be interesting.Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I agree that the wireless and wired do sound different. I had the M2 wireless over ears, but returned them due to the unacceptable BT performance (see much earlier posts in this thread). I recently purchased some M2 wired over ears on a good deal from a local retailer (£179, instead of the MSRP of £279). There is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the wired version and the wireless used passively and wired. Bass is tighter and punchier, soundstage is wider...
Pity you don't have a pair of the Sennheiser Urbanite Xl wireless to hand, as they have a sound signature somewhere in the middle between both the H8 and the P5, as you describe them. Fun side of neutral, but not as coloured as the H8 by the sound of it, with a very smooth midrange and slightly emphasised bass thump and a recessed but smooth top end that nonetheless retains a bit of upper sparkle. Urbanites are more sophisticated than the marketing message suggests. ...
Just listened to a pair of these in Superfi, Birmingham. Disappointed in the sound. Very bass heavy - seemed to bleed into the mids. Was only a quick BT demo using my Xperia Z3 compact (so no LDAC), but using some demo tracks I know well. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I got used to the touch controls. Still sometimes have issues with them (pausing when thinking I'd double tapped to advance, for example), but few and far between now.Re sound sig. Just goes to show everyone likes different things. Still hugely impressed by the headphones, and really glad I bought them. I've commented on the sound quality before, but it's a signature that is fun rather than neutral, but allows them to play well about all genres of music.
Also curious about LDAC performance, as this is a USP of these headphones.