Posts by Dixter

thanks... been there done that...    still haven't found all of the formats that the idsd is capable of playing..
There is one item I wish the folks at ifi would include with all of their products...  and that would be a demo disc that has all of the different formats that their products support.... that way we could show the products off to others and it would be a way for us all to be able to hear the difference between all of the various formats...   just a wish...
I'd take one if available...  :-)
There is also an area that is very important to be setup correctly and its a little hidden....    I'll do my best to describe the setting without the pictures...   when you get the screen up like the picture John has supplied...1) Click on the " Device settings... " just under the " ifi (by AMR).... "2) On the next screen at the top right you will see " Buffering"  I selected " 500 milliseconds "  click " use large hardware buffers"3) On the same screen at the bottom right...
some of the best DSD files I have heard...   ;-)  The dynamic range is great....
OK thanks...   I'll try that and see how it sounds... 
Hey Mink70...  can you tell me where the option is set in Jriver 19 to upsample PCM to DSD thanks
That setup would actually be a very good pairing...   I think you'll really like it..  the E12 will drive them fine...   and the bass boost on the E12 will push the 770 even further... let us know how you like the set..To get the most out of this setup make sure you have good copies of the music you plan on listening to...   you'll enjoy it that much better...  FLAC work very well...
Just updated to 3.0...  The stage seems to be just where it should be...   no problem here with the SQ...  but I do like the X3 played through an E12 for better dynamics...  it just gives me more options with that great bass boost, cross feed and the power boost is great when you are driving hard to drive phones... 
Mike,  You might really like the idsd as a DAC feeding the HA-1...  it a real nice DAC at a great price...