Posts by Dixter

One of the updates for JRiver Media Center 20 was to allow other programs to be piped into JRiver so it could be used as DSP processor for other programs.... not sure if it will work that way with mediamonkey...   but you might try it... 
If you decide to work with DSD files then the iphone 6 handles these files better than the X5....   I'm guessing here but with several manufacturers moving to DSD DAC's lately I would not be too surprised that Fiio will be adding more DSD functionality with the upcoming X7...    for the iphone several apps are now supporting DSD files... Onkyo is a nice one... 
The X5 will not work as you have asked...   for one solution if you decide to stay with the Iphone for steaming is to utilize either a ifi Nano or a ifi Micro...   both work well with the iphone 6
Moniker/Name:    dixter answerr D.           There are 781 components
Just got mine in the mail last night....    they fit perfectly and they sound better than what I thought they would...  happy camper here...  :-) They fit so well that last night I was listening to them for about 3 hours and having a great time with them...  time to go to bed I started to take them out and guess what...  they don't come out like a universal...  for a short period of time I thought they were stuck in my ears....  then I remember reading about how to...
All of the phones you are asking about sound great with the HA-1...  Think " Balanced output "  though and they will all give you more from the HA-1...   also consider that these are all open back and don't have much isolation ...  so you are going to hear sounds around you and people that are around you will hear your music...    if that is of any concern then you will want to look into a closed phone....  may I suggest the Alpha Prime headphone...    it pairs very very...
Here's another story on it...   if you google the vacuum tube that it replaces (12AX7) then from what I see its low power for pre amps...  so for headphone use you could design the nutube into the preamp section driving a standard solid state output amp and you would have a Solid State Tube circuit....    would be super nice to be able to have something like this in the headphone amp world... they also state that it is good for battery operation ...
could be very very interesting...   
Just in case some of you might want to squeeze out a little more SQ from your Iphones,   Onkyo just upgraded their app to vs 2..     as below you can see it now supports DSD and Bluetooth playback..  ;-)   And the Airdrop makes getting those DSD files on the iphone so much better...   just drag and drop into itunes onto the Onkyo app...    Tested the bluetooth out with a pair of Ultimate Ears UE-9000 wireless phones...  sounds great...   1. Support for iOS 8 and 64-Bit...
cool...  I'm sure there are several folks here that would help out..  ;-)