Posts by waldoh74

So after doing about 5 more hours of research online, I think I'm going to go for the HE-500.  Something different from what I have now and I am reading numerous reviews that are nothing but positive.  Since I will need to be getting a new DAC/AMP setup I will have to hold off on the LCD2 for now.  The next question is; what to get for my DAC/AMP to drive these things since I am reading that they do need a decent amount of juice to run properly.  I'm reading that LD MKIII...
Hmmm, I do like highs.  But I have read a lot of good things about them in general.  I do want to get them eventually but realistically I may have to wait on them, simply due to price and space constraints.  Plus I think I need get a strong amp for those maybe?     I'm almost leaning more towards the HE500, mostly because I already own a pair of Grados and I am certainly looking for something difference but still aggressive.   I still have time to think it over yet....
Currently looking to make a new setup for myself here soon and looking to get myself some new headphones shortly after and looking for something new to listen to. I will most likely be buying Littledot MKIII for my amp and a Littledot DAC I. I currently have some Grado 325i that I absolutely love and listen to via ASUS Xonar STX with FLAC for my music. I mostly listen to heavy metal (Iced Earth, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, etc). I've been looking a lot at other peoples...
I need a little advice, in the fall I will be getting a laptop and getting rid of my desktop.  With that being said my current amp/dac (Asus STX) will be going with it.  So I need an actual amp/dac setup and I am strongly considering the Asgaard 2 and Bifrost.  I currently have a pair of Grado 325i's (and A900's that don't get touched), I will also be purchasing a pair of RS1i's in the same time frame.  I'm also looking into Little Dot MK V + DAC_1 (I like things to...
Interesting. I am very confused about the technical aspect of hifi still, since I am relatively new to it all. And this helps with explaining the "why" my Grados sound better from a pmp than my sound card. But would I be able to get more volume output from the little dot/e17? I really just want to get the most out of these awesome headphones. This also clears up why my A900s sound better when I bump up the ohm setting on my STX on the pc.
So as of now, and for a while, my source for music (flac) will be my cowon d3. It sounds good as is through my 325is, but it simply isnt loud enough for my taste, i just want a little extra "mmpff". And i am wanting to experiment with the g cush pads i bought a while back. The details are there, but the volume isnt. Keep in mind that i have a hearing impairment (was around too many explosions lol) so i have to pump the tunes a little hire than normal. This will be...
Thanks for the heads up man. I think it will be a while before I invest into a solid pair of cans that is pushing a grand (at least a year or two). Even then its all dependant on finances anyways.
So I am almost definately purchasing Schiit Asgard and Bifrost in the spring. And I am not sure what headphones to get. Currently looking at the LCD2. I mostly listen to heavy metal. EG iced earth, metallica, avenged sevenfold, and prog rock like pink floyd. As of now my source is a Cowon D3 with Grado 325is and from my pc, Asus STX with A900. I love both setups. Any ya or nay to the lcd2s? What other headphones?
I used to have the G35s until the vable was eaten by my dog. And I owned the G930 (which is on indefinite loan to my buddy). Both had 'ok' SQ in game but nothing to drool over. The only place they shined was in voip. But then i took a dive into the hifi scene and got some Audio Technicas A900 (the bassy big brothers to the AD700 you mentioned). Paired it up with an Asus Xonar STX and was blown away! Night and day difference between a good pair of stereo headphones...