Posts by scott5526

Serial #0092 here, great opportunity to pick up a great pair of headphones.
I remember a few months ago when buysonic had new HD 800s for $999. musicdirect is a good store though, picked up my marantz amp/dac from them
They dont make your eara itch? I like velour, but those pads were itchy!I kinda want to try out the he400i, but i told myself i wouldnt go back to hifiman unless it were for a cheap he500 with some j$ pads or something
I tried the HE-400 and the two biggest positive traits it had were bass & treble, but apparently the 400i has reduced the bass somewhat.  Maybe it's got rid of other shortcomings of the 400, but it sounds like a nail in one of the phones best traits.  Besides, the new earpads are sooo scratchy.
I dunno when it happened but apparently HE-500s are $499 on Amazon now?  Awesome pickup IMO, I liked the HE-500 alot more than the HE-560
$450 AUD = $352 USD.... why don't I live in Australia....
Is the romeo edition not just a normal Ed. 8 with new aesthetics?
Sell all your headphones and buy a used Audio Technica W3000ANV for $1100-$1300, they're my all time favorite headphones.   Otherwise, a used Fostex TH900 for $1k is pretty nice, I really like mine.   For portability maybe a used Ultrasone Ed8 for $600-$800 (unless you want the limited edition which I always thought looked the nicest for 1kish)?
Looking to pickup a pre fazor LCD-2 in rosewood, send me a pm and we can work out a price case by case. Newer/lower hours/better condition preferred. Price also negotiable based on accessories (i.e. new cables, extra earpads, extra headband).
Actually, MusicDirect had a fairly large batch in November new & sealed for $850 ea (rosewood) so there may still be a few in some warehouse somewhere