Posts by JTAbq

I have bought both the regular T500 and the Ts500 the Ts500 are much Better IMHO. They are shorter so the face is almost flush with the end of the tubes and feel just as comfortable as the others but with no loss in high freq. Ps, I cut my standar T500 shorter and they sound the same as the Ts.
Thanks-for the reply, I was curious if others felt the same but the silence was deafening on my post.
I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and...
Gwyneth Herbert, So worn out- off her 10 Lives album. It was a free download from the B&W Society of Sound collection. I haven't heard her mentioned here before, but I listen to it first on every new headphone I try or buy. Great highs, great lows, stunning voice it just tells me so much about the phones in one song. Is is odd because I didn't consciously make a decision to use that song, and I can't say its my favorite song but whenever I get something new that's the...
That is quite a bump, but I'll bite.... Ie80's I love the sound, but equally as important is I love the comfort. These are the first IEM's that I can put in a forget about them, the first IEM's I can sleep in, not just fall asleep with them in but actually not wake up to take them out. I am planning on buying others but I can't see that I'll be getting rid of these.
I think I would love the Merlin's sound profile. The QC that made me nervous was delays, wrong colors, non working drivers etc. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if you didn't have to ship them to China to get the problem resolved. Before I ordered my IE8i cable I emailed the USA UM distributor about purchasing a $250 (non-UM brand) cable with iphone controls for my IE80's that they had on there website, it took about a week and a half for a response. That being...
Interesting, I wonder why they are going this direction Vs. a complete removable cable?
I own both the TF10's and the Coppers. The TF10's have a lot more detail and clarity on the top end, ok bass and overall great sound, but there ergonomics leave a lot to be desired, the are giant and I all ways know I have them in my ears. Copper's are a lot more fun sounding, the bass is great but does not overpower the rest of the music, high end is clear but not super detailed. The Coppers are better ergonomically but the weight of them is a little annoying and they...
The 800's seem very tempting. I was torn between going custom iem's (Merlin's) or going with HD700's. I wanted something high end that didn't require extra equipment to drive. Both have me scared at the moment with UM's quality control issues and the lackluster reviews on the HD700. This may be the ticket, hopefully Sennheiser got it right, I am anxious for some reviews. In the meantime I am loving my IE80's which incidentally have the cable swapped to an IE8i for iphone...
I agree that his feedback is great, that is why I bought them and I don't want anyone to think I am saying he is ripping people off. I am very happy with what I bought and the price I paid. I feel I got a good deal. My concern was more on warranty, these seem more likely to be a grey market item instead of a resale from someone who bought them from an authorized seller. Hopefully it won't matter for me. In the mean time I will keep on enjoying them for the truly impressive...