Posts by briskly

I don't know the dt660. The hd280 seemed like a well balanced can overall. Need some extension, but it sounded alright.The k550 has just enough bass if you get a seal. Of course, i' ve heard complaints from people with smaller heads. The k550 has that k701 upper mid-low treble emphasis, only more so. Throwing a wrench into this is that i've heard two different pairs, that sounded quite different. One pair was tipped up there and slightly grating, the other hurt my ears...
Awhile back , I saw about 4 people in suits together, each wearing a b&w p5. Very odd. More recently, a clear se 535 on the subway, and a pair of jh ciems. Got plenty of stinkeye for my trouble.
Go by ear. Different FR plots will be produced as:-they will use use different couplers, with their own deviations from neutrality.-compensation curves for the human ear will be different, as what the tester sees is best- headphones themselves can can their percieved response altered by shifting them around. Your position may not reflect their position, and the quality of pad seal- Finally, cans themselves have product variations. Certain companies have tighter qc than...
They didn't let that happen for me. Had to cough up the money (and return it) to listen.On a related note, audeze's website lists woo audio as a dealer in elmhurst, queens.
The sennheiser veil I think is an unfortunate meme that got started with the popularity of the k701 some time ago. Needless to say, I don't find it very veiled. Since you do however, the 120 and 250 cuts work out, provided that the graphic eq isn't a piece of trash. Pull up the 4k band for a bit of presence, which would most directly address your veil concern. The 31hz band isn't something you should bother with. Set it back to the usual state. The drivers in the 5xx/6xx...
The d7100: the head-fier's beats' beats.
Just what country are you from that availability would be an issue?
Perhaps the manufacturer may bump up the impedance to minimize frequency alteration from source to source. Or perhaps it is just the different makes of driver involved.
The W4 is the more neutral, more "correct" IEM. The W4 has the treble that the UM3x doesn't. The um3x has a close-in, in your fsce presentation of sound, whereas the W4 is a bit further staged, and much more breadth. Again, I would think that the preference around here would be towards the all-rounder, though the um3x has certain characteristics and strengths that the W4 lacks. At this  point we are repeating everything said before in thread, since Spyro gave a quick,...
Signed. I expect great things to come from a hifiman electrostat.