Posts by briskly

Except that is his square wave reference, for a start. If you don't drive really loud, it still performs admirably with low bass. And as for its impedance, while it does have an unusual swing for a single driver design, it still has a relatively high output impedance. Compared to an "ideal" load, sticking 30ohms worth of resistor wouldn't even change the FR at ~100hz by .5db.
 Only electrostatics. Attracts water condensate, which is obviously not good for it.
Selling my EX1k, for the usual head-fi reasons*. Lightly used, though the paint on the right housing has been chipped. Unfortunately, I don't have the carrying included with the EX1000, and only have the S/M/L hybrid tips for it.   May be interested in a trade for a Hifiman RE-272.     *Head-f i reasons may include but are not limited to the desire to eat better than instant noodle flaring up, new FOTM out of reach, general disuse and dislike of signature,...
  Not quite. There are plenty of very strong values, that are still very good today, independent of price. Just that expecting to be able to pay away the flaws in your listening experience is a fool's errand. All headphones have shortcomings, some more blatant than others, and as one goes away, more pop up to take their place.
  Streaming device. Digital out from the CLAS into whatever other DAC the user sees fit. Though it doesn't appear to be in use at that moment.
Prepare for a world of disappointment.
Source, Transport, DAC, amp, ?????
The Denon D7100. I wondered how Denon would deal with the loss of the Foster OEM. Evidently, they couldn't. It's the D7k, minus the pretty polished cups, but with a looser, muddier bass and even more crude treble. Pile of crap.
Fixed.
Ah, the trance atmosphere. Good track and good to be back. Soothing and relaxing. I give it 8/10.   Here's my try at this, a little bit of old hard stuff.   Rexanthony - Capturing Matrix (Hystorical Version)