Posts by briskly

This is damn useful, for the knowledge and as a point of research. Thanks for the chart.
Bit depth, method (VBR, two-pass, etc.) will matter here. Some iteration of the codec are better than others.
A recently disgraced Nigerian nobleman recently contacted me to advance him an HD600 so he could use it to flee the country. For my trouble I will recieve two pairs of the Orpheus. I'm so excited!!
Link to interview: http://www.head-fi.org/t/650210/stax-interview-and-factory-tour-12-12-12
Huh? That is to do with the rig tolerance for positioning. Never mind the fact that two headphones of the same make can sound different.
Product variance is always a factor here, and Beyer isn't the most stringent company with its control. Looking at a headroom graph of four DT880s:     We can't dismiss pad condition as factor either for sonics.
Where did you hear that the Beyers are bass-lite? Both of those headphones have boosted midbass. I would go so far as to say that the DT880/600 is just a 650 with a peak in the low treble, which may be the culprit here for varying impressions.   It could be that the drivers themselves have been jostled out of place and are not creating the usual amount of bass for the headphone. What I really think is that the 650 just isn't as slow, thick and bloated as you might hear...
That's just plain stupid and self-hindering to your true objective. You have to get rid of all your hair. It ruins the contact of the headphones and head, and limits the quality of the seal.   You go back and shave your head until I can see my reflection on it. Is that clear?
I just asked them about that, and the max current output is 250mA. Current limiting shouldn't be an issue with a headphone, unless you can think of one below 30ohms.   As a note, the Hilo's full scale is apparently 19.2dBu. Not that this really matters.
The nice thing about that EQ is that it'll manage the volume level for you.