or Connect

Posts by briskly

There are quite a few capable equalizers for portable players. They are more common on smartphone platforms than dedicated DAPs for whatever reason. Neutron for Android, EQu, Equalizer Pro, Accudio, and many others for iOS. If you really want the linear phase option, which I think is a terrible idea, Onkyo HF player has one, or make your own impulse and use that with V4A to convolve whatever response desired.   Pretty sure the review you are thinking of was posted by...
Vibro Lab's product page stops short of claiming full IEC 711 compliance. See here. About the Veritas and 711 spec. If you look at the measurements of the HF5 raw (which is itself very similar to the ER-4P) on actual 711 spec simulators, the raw results are quite different from the uncorrected results presented in the first post. HF5/HF3 and ER-4P, from Headroom. HF3 and ER-4P, taken from Rin Choi's blog/analysis.
Veritas isn't a 711 simulator, but more a simple package to get people to start performing measurement with IEMs. No proper IEC 711/60318-4 spec canal simulator is going to be made for 100 dollars, that's for sure. castleofargh is taking a coupler and performing his own unique RECD correction on measurements from it.   Of course, acoustic Z of Veritas is not equal to the 711. For anyone who has a Veritas coupler, do you have a large and ventilated dynamic driver IEM to...
Why is it that magical thinking and disregard for measurements does not seem to be so present on the other A/V side, the video enthusiast, as much as the audio end?
Are we talking about squiggly lines and bars now? These are the ones that came with the IM02.
It's not that bad, flexible triflange beats the stiff DBA-02 nozzles for comfort by a long shot.
Purchased from Amazon warehouse a couple months ago without signs of use. Hardly any use from me. Box and accessories included.   $110 shipped   SOLD
 I'm not sure how you managed to see that from what I said. Manufacturers ought to be interested in what people want to hear. Bass frequencies don't just build up, they are low frequency standing waves that produce constructive and destructive interference corresponding to many dips and peaks. To answer the bit about anechoic chambers, yes and no. It would be beneficial for low frequency consistency and be free of comb filtering and reverberation smear, but the low level...
You mean if you correct it to listener preferences of more bass than treble. It turns out listeners don't like a flat measured response from speakers or headphones, which isn't a new observation. The latest target from Harman's research has the listener preference of added bass/reduced treble included.
The ER4S is measured as flatter and more accurate than the GR07 in the bass. ER4S with the good seal has small bass roll below 100Hz and -2 to -3 dB at 20 Hz.