Posts by briskly

Like the first one, but that volume control looks to be only iphone compatible.
I'm looking for any detachable cable with a volume control that works with Android devices (Samsung S3 and later, and most other Android phones). The headphone pins do not matter. I know of the Sennheiser RCS 800 cable and Soul Samsung S cable; is there anything else?
Once an EX1000 owner long ago. I didn't feel that the EX1000 was very bright overall. The main issue I think is the strong peak in the low treble, there are a couple of little peaks too, less problematic. The big peak drove me crazy, but I think I listen fairly loud.   For comparison, when I demoed the 7550, I didn't think it was that neutral. It sounded too dark, almost like someone had applied a general cut to the treble of the ex1k. There is still some relative rise...
The graphs describe that earphone, as it is equipped to that coupler. It does not describe things like manufacturing tolerances, or defective samples. The coupler is a standard coupler and can be reasonably compared to other couplers of similar type. The measurement can be altered by a different fit, a loss of seal, a change in insertion depth, a different tip, and so on. These changes, if the condition is reproduced, can be detected by the listener as well. It may not...
@LCfiner There are issues with both. The first one you quoted is uncompensated, and seems in line with the usual JH tuning before compensation. The latter graph is using a common diffuse-field compensation, and seems to have been inserted too shallow.  The shallow insertion brings the peak lower in the treble, rather than in the top octave in which the drivers are naturally attenuated.
Voltage sensitivity is taken at some reference frequency, typically 1khz. The frequency response chart shows you the output of the headphone though a range frequencies given a constant voltage. The current draw can be concluded from the impedance graph of the headphone. The O2 should be able to power those headphones to near defeaning levels.  Interestingly enough, the HE-6 as measured by Tyll is far less sensitive, with an output of 77dB/mW and a 90dB output at 1 volt.
Bigshot, I think you need to use a steeper filter. When I look at it in SPAN, I can see you also trimmed off some response below 15khz.   Not that I don't get your point and all about high frequencies. Though perhaps try a test just removing those higher frequencies instead?
Sean Olive's compensation is more or less derived from adjustments to diffuse field equalization. Golden ears uses a different target in which their compensation is already built into the graphs. For example, the same JH16 presented earlier, now on an uncompensated graph.  
NT6 is spec'ed to go to 18khz, and looking at measurements of a couple of sets, it appears to cut off at 17-18 kHz. Curiously enough, the single driver Hidition ear first appears to have better presence in the top octave, as measured.
His measurement gear is described here. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurment-proceedures-introduction-and-equipment As for what the electrical measurements show that is audible, I don't see what they show besides phase.