Posts by Agony

AKG K545   Things you should know before we begin: I've been a user of warmer headphones all my life, so use that for a reference point of bias. I will also be using the HD25 as my main point of comparison as they are in similar price ranges now and it was my previous gold standard for portable audio. I also tend to listen at slightly above-average volumes. In addition, I am running these unamped out of my iPhone 5S; this being marketed as a portable headphone, and I...
RockJaw Allure sounds nice.
At the airport, standing in line at the Starbucks here with my K545, spotted another guy in line with an MDR-V6.
Apologies for creating a new thread, didn't know if the "Looking for advice - post here" thread was still in service, per se. Long story short, I'm looking for a set of headphones to usa almost exclusively at home, and there aren't any places around me that offer any good sets to audition. About what I'm looking for: I've been a long-time fan of the HD25 and it has been my personal top-tier, go-to headphone for pure sound quality. It's left my M50 on the shelves, but I...
Apologies for creating a new thread, didn't know if the "Looking for advice - post here" thread was still in service, per se. Long story short, I'm looking for a set of headphones to usa almost exclusively at home, and there aren't any places around me that offer any good sets to audition. About what I'm looking for: I've been a long-time fan of the HD25 and it has been my personal top-tier, go-to headphone for pure sound quality. It's left my M50 on the shelves, but I...
Apologies for the bump, but I've decided to give these a shot for the first time since I bought my new 5S... and I must say, I am incredibly surprised. These are nothing like the predecessor, they actually bring a solid bass impact and have a nice amount of airiness. The isolation and comfort obviously isn't there, but I'm actually thoroughly enjoying the SQ of these earbuds. I haven't A/B'd them with my SE215, but isolation aside, the performance between these two is very...
Someone showed up to my class with a Bose QC15, claiming it's the best headphone on the market and bragged that it was $600. Everyone believed him. Help me out here. I hate Orange County.
Thanks for the response, but it doesn't really answer my question.
I wish I had a brother who has an HE400.
I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum; I couldn't find a better place to ask it. If I missed it, it would be appreciated if someone would link me the correct forum. Anyway, as the title says, how long does Shure turnaround typically take? I sent in my SE215 (with warranty) a week or so ago due to a faulty connector, and they sent me an e-mail three days later saying they received it. I'm sure they'll replace the whole assembly instead of repairing it. So, if anyone...