Posts by prosperone

Wouldn't it be great if the tech world reached some sort of optimal steady state (formats, connections, interoperability).    I currently have the following digital audio only media storage setup: A multi terrabyte La Cie Drive - Raid, Stores rips of all CDs in FLAC, AIFF and Apple Lossless (This is primarily a backup of my files) A 1 TB La Cie Porsche Drive with Apple lossless connected to my mac Mini - contains one copy of each album and serves as my music source...
It would be great to see an informed discussion of the sound supply/value chain. What I mean by this is the following. Let's take portable rigs as an example. Sounding produced through a combination of: music files; dac, player; amplification; and transducers (iem or headphones). Alol of these (music files, player, and transducers) contribute to the end sound quality to differing degrees. Differing degrees of quality can be found in every aspect of the sound supply...
Thx once again again!!! This chart really ups my level of understanding as to what you guys heard.  As I'm a huge lover of detail in music it actually pushes me closer to the AK120II.  If you ever feel so inclined it would be great to see how the 240 layers on top of this??
I think at the end of the day, this is likely correct.  This is far more like playing chess than I ever imagined!  Thx.
Hugely helpful!! Thanks once again!!
Thanks so much for the work that went into the reviews and analysis!!  So I'm still absorbing it all but one thing strikes me right away.  If the 120 is better sounding than the 120 II, then why other than user interface would you purchase the 120 II?  If you are purchasing for interface then is interface worth $400 (Current 120 II price = $1700, current 120 pricing is $1300).  I definitely put sound quality first as well, but was really hoping it would go hand in hand...
120 is up on AK site now
Brothers and Sisters of the Woo,  I am saddened to say that I am parting with my mint condition maxed WA5. All of his many glass accouterments will also be accompanying him.   Please help find him a good home   http://www.head-fi.org/t/721043/woo-audio-wa5-maxed#post_10592459
Shameless plug - just put my Woo WA5 maxed up for sale - sonic bliss is clicks away.   All his friends are along for the ride as well.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/721043/woo-audio-wa5-maxed#post_10592459 Thx!!
in for a nickle, in for a dime...