Posts by headphonatic

I didn't like the bass of the HE-6, I thought it sounded somewhat artificial. It has great speed, but was a little lacking in balance. I can understand why people love the HE-6's ultra clarity, but to my ears the sound was much too aggressive. Though fun to listen to, I could feel the treble spikes burning my ears.
The LCD-3's, any day of all eternity. Audeze house sound really is something else. The bass extension on the LCD's is so low, it encompasses the entirety of the sound like none other.
HE-500center imagingsound stage (the HE-4 is a bit more distant, but HE-500 defined the lines very well)micro-detailextension (on both sides)bass (the 500's has a little bit of the Audeze house sound going on, the bass encompasses much of the head room)class (again, I won't say this isn't my bias speaking, but I believe the HE-500's are much more classier than the HE-4's)warmth HE-4perceived detail (a little hot for some, I had no issues with it)crispiertimbre (depends if...
You might want to try a speaker amp, you might like the synergy between the HE-500 and the TP60. I made switch from the O2 to the Topping TP60, and I can't hold a single thing from the O2 over the TP60. Make sure to buy attenuators
If there's anyone willing to act, I'd be willing take my HE-500 w/ speaker amp setup.
I've listened to the HD-800's, the LCD-2 (both revisions), and the T1. It depends on your tastes, but personally I would choose the LCD-2 any day of the week. Audeze house sound is to die for.
You might want to take a look at the HE-560. The next best choice would be the HD-800 with a phonitor (mid-treble transitions are just a bit rough, vocals sound a bit stretched out, but imaging and timbre are top-notch) or whatever tube amp HD-800 owners are in the hots for. 
I'd only use it with the HE series; with the exception of the 300. Be it science, religion, or voodoo, its sound with the HE-500 is cult inducing. Sounds good, OFC sounds like a nice change
Get the Topping TP60 w/ http://www.parts-express.com/harrison-labs-12-db-rca-line-level-audio-attenuator-pair--266-244 @ThurstonX and RoadckylerThanks, I'm gonna get one and tell how it is.
Quick question for everyone,   I need a new replacement cable since my old one broke. Does this look any good, I'm on a budget http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-HE-5-HE-6-HE-300-HE-400-HE-500-Headphone-Cable-Furutech-Upgrade-Cable-/121176877296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c36b468f0