Posts by headphonatic

If there's anyone willing to act, I'd be willing take my HE-500 w/ speaker amp setup.
I've listened to the HD-800's, the LCD-2 (both revisions), and the T1. It depends on your tastes, but personally I would choose the LCD-2 any day of the week. Audeze house sound is to die for.
You might want to take a look at the HE-560. The next best choice would be the HD-800 with a phonitor (mid-treble transitions are just a bit rough, vocals sound a bit stretched out, but imaging and timbre are top-notch) or whatever tube amp HD-800 owners are in the hots for. 
I'd only use it with the HE series; with the exception of the 300. Be it science, religion, or voodoo, its sound with the HE-500 is cult inducing. Sounds good, OFC sounds like a nice change
Get the Topping TP60 w/ http://www.parts-express.com/harrison-labs-12-db-rca-line-level-audio-attenuator-pair--266-244 @ThurstonX and RoadckylerThanks, I'm gonna get one and tell how it is.
Quick question for everyone,   I need a new replacement cable since my old one broke. Does this look any good, I'm on a budget http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-HE-5-HE-6-HE-300-HE-400-HE-500-Headphone-Cable-Furutech-Upgrade-Cable-/121176877296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c36b468f0
Listening to my He-500, I thought flac had a bit more treble extention and overall transparency towards the original recording than 320 mp3.
I'd go with the HD650s to prevent future heartache. Don't get me wrong, the HE-300's are a great can, but they won't be your last. Sonically, the HD650 IMO is in a different league, and with many amps to choose from, it scales quite nicely. But if you hurry, there's an HE-500 on sale for $350 on FS. 
From what I've learned, the noise floor differs from person to person. Personally, I don't think there's a better amp under $1000, and the noise is practically unnoticeable after the music starts playing. As long as you're extremely careful with the volume knob, the sound's definitely worth it. Plus, there's no damage to the headphones (just don't tell Fang, jk). I've tried the He-500's on the Phonitor, and the RPX-303. The RPX-303 (even as an amp) comes pretty close, but...
If you're willing to throw away the possibility of powering headphones other than the he-500 and the he-6, I suggest the Topping TP60 for a cheap and effective fix.You can get a DAC on the way.