Posts by duyu

Good to hear that
  Thanks Kalbee, the graphs are helpful. They illustrated why the more the amplification we add the more distortion we get. If the the software volume control can indeed flatten the wave form, then since we need more amplification we in the end have more distortion.      I have done some testing. It seems true that having 100% output with lower volume in E17 gives me a better SQ. I didn't do a blind review for this. The reason that I did not use 100% before is that my...
I can't understand why reducing bits being sent can affect the volume. Maybe, it is too theoretical. Bowei, thanks for your reply.
Someone may have already asked this question. Sorry if I ask this question again.   I am curious why the software volume control will affect the SQ. What is the mechanic behind the software volume control? I thought it was just an option which allow us to control the volume without pressing the buttons on E17. All signal came out from the computer should be digital, and the only amplifying part is E17's amp, so, why the software volume control can affect the SQ. Puzzled.
Lowest is 31+tax...But I missed.
Currently not in US. Don't know whether it is unlucky or not... Congra to all who have grabbed the Senn/A900 :D
I am planning to buy a DAP/android phone pairing it up with my E17.   I saw that new ipod touch 5G has no hope (even line out) in supporting E17. iPad is not portable. Using the DAC of E17 is not a must, as long as the DAP has good SQ with it's line out.   Any recommendation? I am especially interested in Android solution. Thanks!
  That's my thought.   As a consumer, I would prefer there is a converter/ dock / cable which is capable to connect Android Phones with digital output to the E17.   I don't want a dac which is tied up with Android. 
    Though it is helpful for maintaining the second hand market price...
    I kinda have the experience as you.