Posts by duyu

Thanks for your reply. I added C5 to the list.What do you think about the soundstage of Q701 driven by the C5? Can C5 provide enough power for Q701? Could you tell me your impressions for Lyr and C5, paired with Q701?
Let me do a quick summary (correct me if I'm wrong).   [Check this also. A thread about amplifying Q701.]   Amps for Q701 recommended by head-fiers (updating...) (Here are just recommendations and/or some brief impressions. Do some researches or find a demo before you buy any of these amps.)   Start from the least expensive:   Desktop Amps ---$0-$100--- Pioneer SX-750 (used vintage receiver) [by jasonb] Sanusi? (used vintage receiver)...
Could someone help summarizing the amps at different price range that work well with Q701? That would be very helpful.   I saw M-stage, O2, E9, Headroom micro amp, Schiit Lyr, etc. Any other recommendations I have missed?
How about AD797? I've found it so good. Will try 1611 very soon.
They are inside the metal box, under the foam.
Just tried to switch the buffer. Unexpectedly, it was more difficult than changing Op-amps since the buffer was located at the edge of the board. I now see why the removal tool is necessary.   My impression was that the pair of AD797+BUF634 has a better sound stage and warmer than both AD797+LME49600 and BUF634+AD604.  This sound signature suits more with my Q701, and I'm now enjoying AD797+BUF634.   Pairs tried: BUF634+AD8620 (original...
Look like accessoryjack is located in Hong Kong.What I can tell is that the price of Sennheiser's HD650 and HD600 are much lower in HK than the list price in US. Not sure whether Sennheiser provides international warranty or not.
      No idea how to use that removal tool... I just used my fingernail to remove the chips. Now trying diff op-amps with BUF 634.
Could some of you take some photos showing how you DIY this E12? Say, changing the ICs, soldering chips, changing capacitors, adding resistors, etc.     It would be very helpful for beginners like me. Many thanks! 
What is the function of these two/four tiny things?