Posts by Philharmoniker

i just can't afford to have more than one set of amp around at this time of my life :P. I know it's a risk to take, and Quattro has been working wonderfully well for me...Let me just wait for your review first heehee :D
As soon as the tax business is settled I'm picking one up from Tam :D
I am trying to muster some money for my upgrade to the Yulong A18, and I don't really want to have two sets of headphone amps, despite how well the Quattro has been working with my HD600 since last October. This is an extremely satisfying amp when paired with Sennheiser cans. I am only letting it go because I think the D18, which you can see in the pics I uploaded, would match better with the A18. Notice the price includes Tam-audio's excellent HD600/650 upgrade...
Already available on Ebay? Looks like its time to let my Quattro amp go....
This is a mint condition excellent DAC-Amp that I purchased recently and have since been neglected after I bought a different DAC. It sounds IMPRESSIVE for its relatively low cost in both the DAC and AMP aspects. It's also small enough to be quasi-portable. You can take it to work and put it on your desk. For those of you not too familiar with it, here are some info from Amazon: D2 is both a headphone amplifer and USB DAC, this perfect combination allows you to...
Thanks so much for clarifying on those comparisons! I think Yulong himself was serious about the fuse, as he actually wrote out his plan of looking into making a general upgrade for all the coming D18.
I was hoping to hear a comparison with something most people are familiar with but I have not heard, like Benchmark or even V800. As for the fuse, I will try translating some of the discussions from the forum. I am quite perplexed as well....   So according to this post, which is where the aforementioned discussion took place: http://bbs2.erji.com/read.php?tid=1176748&fpage=0&toread=&page=1, the owner/reviewer replaced the stock fuse(500mA) with a thicker fuse(3.15A) and...
The Yulong Forum on Erji.net has recently had a long discussion over the role of the fuse in the sound quality of D18 and seems to have reached a consensus that a modification of the fuse to a higher amperage could enhance the sound. I did not read all the discussions completely, but Yulong himself is setting up a upgrade program, which, according to him, the NA sales associate will also participate in as well. Let's see how much change a fuse can bring.
Wonderfully written review! Would you be expanding this in the future with more comparisons to other DACs?
Must be a Chinese New Year sale....