or Connect

Posts by ayaflo

Further listening sessions with the Titan 1, I actually find many similarities with the JVC HA-FXT-90. Both of them have a very similar signature, but the FXT-90 do vocals more justice and more obvious spitting of details in treble.   They are going for $73 in Amazon that makes it a better deal than the Titan 1s to be honest.   If anyone is thinking of getting the Titan 1 but they fall just out of your budget, the FXT-90 is a better choice.
 All to Dunu's. The stage is much bigger and wider in the Titans. But limited front to back. On the other hand the Klipsch sound narrower in width but make up for an intimate stage, filling it with a more front to back spatial presentation. I would suggest the Yamaha EPH 100 or JVC FXT 90 over the Klipsch but the Titan's do well of course.
X10s have a lot of sub-bass/mid-bass and warm vocals. I also remember them to have a thicker sound and a slight treble roll-off.  While the X10s are definitely for smooth and non-fatiguing listening, the Titans are more about getting the details and speed thru. The tonality of the Titans are also a bit more satisfying across the spectrum. I think sheer sound quality alone, they are the same.    The X10 has more isolation and sit deep in-ear, providing good levels of...
 & in that case, the D-zero MK2( a DAC/Amp) has one WM8740 for each channel. That is something for the price.
 That's a nice comparison there.Yes, the titan's treble is not the most clearest I have heard, but they pick up almost all the detail and air in and around instruments as much as a BA. They are not as obvious as some BA's in spitting out detail .. but the detail is definitely there.Would like to hear more impressions from you. :)(P.S> Not heard the Havi)
On the other hand, I am a treble head as well and would request you to check out some in-ear monitors in this price range. Some BA monitors have excellent sound.   Sorry for taking the thread off-topic but I'm supposing it might be in the best interest of OP.
I think the SRH 940 is the brightest i have heard. I do not understand why you need a bright sound? I hope you mean to say treble emphasis or mostly analytical.   I love the SA5k. They have great detail, a bit better than Shure SRH 940 and they scale considerably. You should try e-bay.    The DT 880 Pro also have a bright signature but they are open back.
Audio Technica M70X seems to be bright can per reviews by Tyll. Shure SRH 940 is very bright too & my fav. closed can.   You could also look at Sony MDR SA5000, used. They are the fastest dynamic cans I have heard and bright.
One of the principles of insurance is utmost good faith, in that there should be trust. If we got crooks in between, then it naturally becomes tougher.   INR 5/- is just a suggestion because I see most people not favoring the idea so much..... but may be that's just me.   There are quite a number of Head-fier's in this thread. Over a 100 perhaps.   Cheers,
Since there is risk, we can pool it & share the loss.    Every head-fi'er in the thread pays INR 5/- a month a la premium. So if some one has to pay customs, they can take some part of premium collected. If no customs, its just 60 rupees at the end of the year per person that can be donated to charity.    What do you guys think?