Posts by ayaflo

Its rather how tight or lose the diaphragm is tensioned that affects the slam over using thin/thick diaphragm material. All though a thinner diaphragm will be less 'colored' than a thicker one. The lighter the diaphragm, the better the transients. However we need larger diaphragms to displace more air for the bass frequencies.
 Perhaps, its the next to no THD for E-stats and the fact that by the time a dynamic can/speaker feels the input signal from the source, E-stats have already reproduced sound-waves to the listener. Thus better attack/transients. Lower diaphragm mass makes the sound even less colored. This is why plasma speakers are the best in treble quality and transient attack with next to no coloring of its own.
 I felt the 7550 has considerable treble roll-off.....although the soundstage is wide and separation good, I found texture of certain percussive and wind instruments to be rather a strain.
At least we get to trick the customs but in Europe for eg. Everything goes through the scanner. If it is registered they give you a bill of custom tax to pay within a said date. I do not understand your comment dear sir Mr tech agent when you say any self respecting company will not under value their product, I think it more or less depends on r source of purchase rather than pin pointing the self respect of the company, say a retailer.
I have had 8-10 parcels valued under $100 and it all worked. Even a huge box with air-cushioning for a pair of cans. IEM fans - sonic mh412 with V4A thread looks tempting. Regards, ~A
Xoriac, you will be better off with cmoy BB
Xoriac, the dt990 pro with the maverick is the worst pairing I have experienced. The sibilance is just too annoying. You can ask head fi'er wrathzombie too...it was not actually very listenable this combo. Regards, ~A
SRH940 by shure is the airiest closed back headphone I have heard and a really good one at that. Its resolution is just leagues ahead from most closed backs I have heard.The DT990 is airy but lots of annoying peaks that gets in the way. The bass is too much and dislodges my brain sometime A dt880 is better option but I am not sure if its available in your budget.AKG K612 pro is pretty amazing for its price. But most closed backs need amping because the waves from the rear...
  Ganesh, This is dedicated to you. My DIY 6 ft tall ribbon speaker playing some Beethoven.   Regards,~A
Hi again,   I have told this twice already but my point is a good DAC made around any chip today is a better first investment over a simple amp. Especially for a BA based earphone like the SE-846. I had an SE535 that didn't improve upon amping much but did better from a better source. I will refrain from making any comments on the IE800 because that is simply not part of our conversation.    My advise to you though is not to spread information that you do not know...