or Connect

Posts by ayaflo

Its not beats, its just a random earphones with a bling for a name (POWERBEATS). Clieos was impressed by it. The link is broken coz of repeated hypertext protocol, corrected one below.  http://world.taobao.com/item/37119460429.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-1246925537.31.Ok5Evt
Of course, Engineering has more or less been advancing in the industry yet I am not sure if it is always for the best, all thanks to a few other cans that went wayward in their practicality but looked remarkable theoretically, say Sony's use of LPF diaphragms. Although these things boast better Fs, Q value( probably lower), effective radiating area per unit of power and a powerful magnet given super high sensitivity, the use of LPF in their flagship headphones were not so...
 The D1 with a Roksan Caspian M2, IIRC. yes enough swing to run even the most lowly orthos but not the best synergy. My friend uses this setup to run his KEF LS-50s.  I am just surveying the options in this price category & not particularly interested (just yet). I love my Sony MDR-SA5000, out of @wrathzombie's HRT MS-II & Maverick Audio A1, it is one of the most amazing things I have heard. Very close in speed, transients, bass quality and in some ways better detail than...
I didn't like the HD650 out of an Audio Engine D1. Sounded Dull and boring but with great imaging. I heard valves give them a great sound tho.   In technical performance, the DT880 does really well under the price tag. May be one day I will try the HD700.    Thanks for your impressions. 
@suman134 - " 湖西小筑 DIY Dual Driver - OEM Dual Dynamic Matrix driver from PowerBeats, some of the best soundstage and micro-detail, but very neutral and doesn't have much bass reach or depth. "   this earbud has been rated as some of the better ones by Clieos in his earbud roundup. I couldn't find useful info. on this in headfi, anything you know about? The other DDM I read about last was the Radius TWF11R This is the seller in Taobao...
 Thanks @vaibhavp!! Under $500, there are a lot of cans in the market now. HE-400i, HE-500, K712 Pro, Senns, Shure SRH 1840, Alpha-dogs, that is quite the competition.
How is the HD700? Been seeing it going around at half of its initial MRP...
@suman134, Very tempted to try the E-80.   Traded my Dunu for E17. I know its a bit obsolete but need some power for 250 ohm cans.
Wow @Digital7 ! This is one of the most confusing threads I have come across. I just got myself an E17k and your impressions don't really shed much light in comparison to C5D
The RE-400 is a uni-body design, I am not sure what I will be able to do with them.   I am just planning to put BA's in reversible IEM bodies and fine-tune with caps/resistors and dampers.