Posts by ayaflo

Looks great. What plan do you have in mind for these ? Perhaps the original Stax SR Sigma layout. with the driver angled at the ears from back to front, projected outwards. They tend to increase the sound-stage and improve imaging from the numerous user posts here in Head-fi.
A video of my speaker in action :)             Cheers, ~A
 I got it used from the US. It will be rare to come across one now. I am hunting for a pair of the legendary DT48E by Beyerdynamic.  USB/LOD/Speaker
More like completely off topic XDBut either way, it depends on the cable material. The use of different cable materials like say 7n OFC can flavour the sound differently from stock resulting in better/worse sound to the user in question and hence preferable but there are lots of us who let placebo influence sound quality to point of exaggerating it.Besides using a better grade cable ( high purity silver for eg. ) let the high sensitivity of the drivers generally pick up...
Hi all, Made a ribbon speaker with some Neos and household aluminium foil. Made a resistor out of a pencil to act as load to the amplifer coz I could get only about 0.017 Ohms of resistance from the actual speaker. As obvious, the pencil burnt down. But god there was some lovely sound   A pic for you guys. I used the lid and body of candy box for the frame.       Next up, I am planning to use a step down trafo for impedance matching and also trim the aluminium...
Anyone a fan of the Sony MDR SA 5000 here ? One proud owner! :) .... Best pairing was with Maverick A100 and HRT MS-II DAC(WrathZombie's)   The detail levels are phenomenal! Upthere with Wachara Chin's DIY E-stat headphones ( that measured on par with Stax SR009).    I am hoping to dive into making some SS amps.   Cheers, A~
  What modifications did you do ?
Hi Wrathzombie,   Long time!!! I lost your number.. was looking everywhere for it. My last phone got stolen(no, its not a cliche)   Please ping me! Great to see you back and active. Take care, A~
Send it over then I dont know why you are talking about bloated bass at all....Akg house sound to me were the akg 240mk2 and akg k 501s and I don't remember them having thick bass what so ever...When you talk about drums be specific which part you are implying because bass drum sound is hard to reproduce (so are cymbals)..if it were to be reproduced the headphone will have to tuned in that manner, i.e make bass and lower to be more than neutral or in other words be at...
  The review contradicts itself. I don't remember AKG 'house sound'  having deep bass. If its technically strong then it will make low bitrate sound like sh*t. I think you should read a bit more into Clieos guide of categorizing sound before writing up reviews.