or Connect

Posts by ayaflo

Beyers have pretty good dynamics but the 770 and 990 Pros have quite awful Frequency response which is what makes it 'fun' to listen to & could well be your cup of tea. If you are treble sensitive there is spike just below 10KHz that can be annoying if you listen to a lot of electronica - claps can be thorns. You would definitely need an amp and a FIIO E11 will do fine.In your price range its hard to have a 'significant' step up with isolation but my experience with the...
 Ribbons don't have any problems with dust. With E-stat the use of wrinkled mylar as dust protection is common from the 80's, but you need HV tested torroids for optimum sound output since they will be functioning in reverse as step-up. A bigger problem with E-stat is the humidity and how it can cause changes to the coating on the mylar. But then Wachara Chin has made E-stats which Innerfidelity claims to measure as good as the SR-009, he lives in Thailand!!!! I have heard...
 And the CD3k?  .... I have not heard any headphones for months now. Busy with life and ooh yeah my speaker design, running from 600 Hz and up.  
 Why would Sony write or print against their own advertising? The SA5k manual is a joke when compared to the impressive Qualia one. Ultra wide FR, 70 ohms voice coil, 50 mm dia and the same design all imply similar/same driver just differently engineered. Check up Head-fi, there are many modders and users confirming Bio-cellulose on Q010 & SAxk to simply overlook it as speculation. Like I said, you have just fallen prey to fancy terminology.  You are welcome to visit me...
  You are wrong and right ....A 'composite' by definition has more than 1 material constituents. The SAxk drivers were made using a nano-composite of Biocellulose and some plastic or fibre glass, I don't know which. It was just called 'Nano-composite' probably coz Sony's headphones required a face-lift after their CDs/Rs & opted for fancy marketing terms, which naturally is the bulk of marketing. Below are 2 images confirming they had invested in too much bacteria for more...
 'Flagships showcasing Sony's engineering', Not TOTL necessarily...but this was when they were on a winning streak. During the SA series, there was the Qualia too.. The SA series also uses Bio-cellulose for their drivers.
 Never heard the CD3k! Exact reason for replacement ..To each 'his' own ofcourse!  But I am in the same train infact the same bogey may be since I like the AKG k501 over their later incarnations and the HD250 Linear II by a mile over most of what Senn produces now.  CD3k and SA5k are flagships showcasing Sony's engineering skills. Sad that their OLP drivers couldn't achieve this limelight. P.S> And definitely never an IPod shuffle ...  
  I second that except the CD3k will be replaced with an SA5k.
  Taket H2 + trade for MDR - SA5k ?
Amazing beauty for the price. Excellent speed and monstrous detailing. Recabled with 7N OCC cable from Viablue.   Condition - 9/10    Pads are flaking at a few spots.    Indian buyers preferred. Shipping to be paid by buyer.    PM me for separate pricing and photos.   Trade for the SA5k open for Etymotic ER4s, Sony MDR-EX1k, Audio Technica CK100 Pro, Westone W4R, Hifiman HE-400S and many more.... PM if interested.