Posts by ayaflo

You can get the brainwavz hm5 from pristine note in Mumbai...they changed their name to something else now... Look it up! Regards,
Hi Suman, Have you heard the sr850c ?? I loved the mids on them..they sounded pretty flat to my ears except for a few peaks high up! And the stage is pretty decent albeit more vertical. Definitely better than all the headphones that have been suggested to ganesh. Ganesh, Forget the srh440, The zx 700 compares favouribly to the bigger srh840 in my opinion though the soundstage is narrow. The isolation is still some of the best you can get in a closed headphone.you don't...
Sony zx series fills your requirements and is excellent for the price. Much better than the 44x senns! I would also look at the Samson 850 rc and get beyer pads for them if I were you !.. There are not many headphones that sound as good as the Samsons do under 10k!!! At least not anything suggested to you here! Google up reviews on Sony zx700/750 and superlux hd668b(same as Samson sr850).Dial your budget up another few thousands and you can probably look at the brainwavz...
poor soul Bargaining before the offer much? There are no poor souls in this forum...hahaha
Something I was working on...full range planar ..2 and a half feet long by 1 feet wide ...sadly the magnets needs gluing. The reflection is from the pet film
How does this apply to a person interested in building stuff up from scratch like ganesh? There is no headphone here that he is opening up or no foam that he is removing... He is planning on building one from scratch
I m sorry but from where are you getting all this ?? Do you mean to say a modder doesn't understand what he is doing ? Just confused with all that you are posting
I don't really agree there is some kind of clear cut distinction between engineers approach and modders approach. Modders at some point have to give in to engineering things or designs. You have to know the in and out of everything that you are doing... There is no skipping especially when poor isolation can cost your life. the only thing i wish I did learn was carpentry..... The possibilities with wood is just amazing.
OK ..thanks I just found the first one jumbled! Wachara uses a trial and error method but he has superceded many engineers at least that's what I would say from my.auditioning of his cans!! he has been active for a long time and had his share of hardships. But he is a great individual . To me the toughest thing in my small scale build was finding substitute for products recommended in the article s I read online. I know people who have not passed high school who know...
Hi that article is really really good and almost a standard if there is one. I believe Wachara's builds are closer to perfection though.You can read up any article on ESLs to understand the principle. I am away from home but will toss up links later.In the meanwhile check Jazzman's DIY ESL. That is a whole new game altogether.The only difference between ESLs and Estat headphones are bias voltage, size of diaphragm,spacer distance and headbandsAll the very best