Posts by ayaflo

Anyone into Cameras? I miss my Nikon DSLR dearly  I am planning to get something here.... 
Hello,   I am in Belgium pursuing my higher studies and miss my Nikon D3200 w/ 35mm prime dearly as they are back in India. Getting it here is rather expensive besides the fact that I may be able to afford a point and shoot or some entry level APS-C/ M4/3 again like Fujifilm XA1 or Olympus EPM2 with stock lens. The problem is I hate most kit lens at least from my experience with the Sony 18-55 & 16-50, the more horrible older Nikkor 18-55 & I do not shoot more than ISO...
@EISENbricher,   Got the new pair of Havis? I see a change in your signature list.   Is the new pair so different from the defective old pair to make such a difference? IIRC you told me only about the channel imbalance..
Does anyone have any experience with Trinity Engineering?   I am interested in the Hyperion.   Considering selling my Dunu Titan1.   regards,
 I have not heard a better bass  from an earphone than the EX1k. I think the FXT-90s have better extension in bass than the Titans but I can't pin-point the difference in mid-bass between the 2. Both the Titans and the JVCs have a spike in treble, albeit somewhere close. IIRC the FXT-90s have somewhere around 8-9 Khz the Titans have 9.5-11Khz. The first one makes sibilance more pronounced while the latter one still sound shrill at times but no real sibilance to my ears.The...
 I tend to disagree if soundstage is the reason for purchase of Dunu's.. may be under $200, the staging and imaging is top-notch but not anywhere above this price limit as they face some stage gods like the Sony EX1K. The Dunus have more of a side to side than front to back stage due to the scooping out of some vocal range, especially lower range. So it is not representative of a true stage. In my eyes, this is a flaw. But overall great IEMs especially the excellent...
 I have not heard the VSD5 so I don't know. I don't even know why you say it serves better and for what. I am just saying the FXT-90 has a similar sound and performs very close to the Titans. Although it doesn't quite reach the transients of the Titan for genres like slow rock, it fills the soundstage in a more convincing manner than the Titans but I think this trade off is more than fair.The titans FR cavity just above the mid-bass doesn't give it an enveloping stage like...
Further listening sessions with the Titan 1, I actually find many similarities with the JVC HA-FXT-90. Both of them have a very similar signature, but the FXT-90 do vocals more justice and more obvious spitting of details in treble.   They are going for $73 in Amazon that makes it a better deal than the Titan 1s to be honest.   If anyone is thinking of getting the Titan 1 but they fall just out of your budget, the FXT-90 is a better choice.
 All to Dunu's. The stage is much bigger and wider in the Titans. But limited front to back. On the other hand the Klipsch sound narrower in width but make up for an intimate stage, filling it with a more front to back spatial presentation. I would suggest the Yamaha EPH 100 or JVC FXT 90 over the Klipsch but the Titan's do well of course.
X10s have a lot of sub-bass/mid-bass and warm vocals. I also remember them to have a thicker sound and a slight treble roll-off.  While the X10s are definitely for smooth and non-fatiguing listening, the Titans are more about getting the details and speed thru. The tonality of the Titans are also a bit more satisfying across the spectrum. I think sheer sound quality alone, they are the same.    The X10 has more isolation and sit deep in-ear, providing good levels of...