or Connect

Posts by ayaflo

It has been recabled with ALO audio Viablue 7N OFC cable.   
Price drop to $400 for the bundle, including shipping.
 hahahaha...... altima is a real nice car.. 
 Not entirely sure if there is an 'increase' in sound quality with an impedance adapter. Just different, apart from the new capacitive and reactive values introduced by the adapter in the circuit, the higher frequencies will now have more impedance and perhaps a more tamed sound. You should also know that with say 150 ohm impedance adapter and a 32 ohm earphones. only one sixth the power your source/amp puts up will go to the earphone, the rest is being wasted in the...
@xEcuToR - Hello, the Warwick audio sound panels are E-stats and not Electrets as I had assumed previously. Bias voltage is 450V DC. 
 Ah apologies, I was under the impression its an electret. Either way per their website its 450V bias.
 This is an electret and not an electrostat and therefore will have LF excursion problems. If you see the FR file in their site, it shows a steep roll off under 1KHz IIRC.
 Wow man you are like a hungry cat waiting to trap a mouse....Like I said I couldnt audition the AKG K340 less than a year ago coz the seller wanted me to buy it if I audition them.  ... what is the conclusion you claim I make here? That the AKG K340 uses a DD for bass because electrets can't cough up the bass?Its a conclusion I can make by not listening/owning them. If you see a reason other than that to explain AKG's making a hybrid please enlighten me... I am curious.
 True that yet I must say companies stopped making electrets a while ago because they are more sloppy and distorted at lower frequencies. AKG K340 itself is a good example since it uses a DD for bass. Definitely newer materials might be able to tackle this problem better but I wonder how satisfying a solution it will be for hi-end audio enthusiasts or will it be applicable to us at all. Warwick audio and their FFLs will find use in PA systems in offices and other...
 Warwick audio don't have solutions for planar mags... what they have now is a self biased electrostat or what is more commonly known as electret. Eitherway It will not be able to reproduce bass without distortion, I have explained why in an earlier post.