Posts by Focker

Hmmm okay, I had no idea there was an "s" version now...guess I'll have to check that out next.  Thanks
Yep, what he's hearing is so different than what I'm hearing that any feedback would be futile lol
Hey guys...   Just out of curiosity, are there people on here who actually prefer the original HE-400 over the 400i in terms of sound only?    Thanks
Hey all...   So I wanted to make sure I posted about the resolution to my failed earcup, just to be fair to Hifiman.    To their credit, they allowed me the flexibility to return the HE-400 to their American distributor in Deleware and to pay the difference to move up to the HE-400i. Communication was excellent and very friendly.    I just received the HE-400i today. I'm thrilled with the comfort. This may be the first headphone that actually pulls even with - or...
 Gosh, that's gonna be a tough one...let me think about it a bit.  I will say that on my profile listing I typically rank IEMs and headphones separately. These are the first IEMs that I think could actually travel a ways up the headphone list. Just not sure how far.  These are just very, very clean sounding....which scores massive points with me. Another IEM that I recently brought in really disappointed me because there was (to my ears) a slight veil. I also downgraded...
My impressions:    **Disclaimer - I'm generally not a fan of IEMs and much prefer headphones***   These became the best IEMs I've ever heard, AND my new favorite, all within the first 5min of wearing them. Actually it was probably within the first 60 sec, but I dont want to sound hasty    Beautifully extended, clean, bass....high hat cymbals sound exactly as they're supposed to...vocals rich and center stage...just DAMN GOOD!!!     If I had paid full price I would...
I can't believe there isn't more activity on here about these...I dont even have the pro version, just the R2A...but WOW, these are DAMN GOOD!!!
Yeah, I dont think physics would allow for a planar IEM...I could be wrong, though. 
 I agree...I usually avoid focusing on the critic percentage on RT and evaluate the critic avg and the consumer avg together. Whenever I see a low critic avg but a high consumer number, I put far more weight in the latter. When I see a high critic number but a low consumer number, it's usually exactly what you described in your post...the critics collectivley overrating some snooty art film that is boring as hell. Then you have the critics and consumers agreeing - for good...
 You hated the original and didn't think T2 was any good? I'm starting to think you just like being a contrarian lol.