Posts by TwinQY

Can you specify a bit more with regards to the sound? You've listed musical preferences - but that's such a crutch when it comes to asking and giving out recommendations. You're going to get people having back-and-forths between how this would do better with which and what genres, but the fact of the matter is that you have a stronger grasp on how you'd like music to be presented - so cut out the middleman and simply list out what you want in terms of how they should...
 I just want to preface this response by saying that we're all going to have different thresholds on quantity. That being said - not I, nor a multitude of other people on this site, would have characterized the GR07 to be bass-light. To some (like me) they have a noticeable hump around the mid-bass area, that's done tastefully but definitely matches the UM2 on some regards. Only thing I would be hesitant towards is that the GR07 has more treble, more sparkle, and isn't as...
The over-ears style is definitely iffy with glasses, having had some people close to me whine to no end about this. I can't say much as I never wear mine while listening to anything.   That being said, you've listed out genres. That doesn't really tell us how you'd like them presented. It doesn't really tell much about how you want them to sound at all, really. It's a very vague quality, and the answers you get as a result will be extremely skewed towards the preference...
The scoring system (any scoring system) really shouldn't be taken as an absolute gauge, it's relative to how joker gauges it all, and shouldn't be anything else. That is to say - there's not really an universal metric anyways, so just keep that in mind....   The Eterna and the A151 definitely fit the dark-and-slightly-bassy template. Eternas were a tad bit brighter to these ears, but they were ever so bassier than the A151. Ever consider the M2s since you have the other...
The GR07s are outstandingly nice for metal - but might not be to others. What I mean is that, the bass has oodles of texture, hits nice without being too excessive, the presentation is up-front-ish and presented in a way that really fits nicely with stage music. But the upper-mid/treble connect might be a bit too crisp for some tracks - personally I can stand it but it really would vary from person to person. The build is a lot more rugged than the RE-400s - more with...
They often go at around $100 - so don't be too disappointed if you miss them once.   Personally, I find the BA200s to be markedly smoother, and retains crispness without being strident. The B2 walks a fine line in that respect. The TDKs have more body, the mids remain just as clear, and the width is more impressive but the presentation as a whole has more focus (i.e. instruments are more closely defined). The form factor fits a lot better to my ears, and the flat cable,...
Nah, only the on-ears. Would want the in-ears, that thing is clean and fast, from what I've heard.
Don't worry - obviously you deserved it more than pieceoschiitcardboard. Nature is simply unfair....
Ah, sounds like Thurston and Kim. But, um, with more makeup I guess.