Posts by TwinQY

I'd be pretty cool with said terrorist, given enough bacon. No cheese please.
NO WOOD!!! A surprising lack of wood here on the West Coast (as Huts so eloquently puts it).   Updates after the break. I'm having skittles and tofu tonight...
Got a fantastic protein shake recipe just for this occasion. First, you take that century egg, and smush it in the blender with some of that Chi Chi from the Coco Palms Resort reserve they brewed back in '81.   Can't take all the credit of course, it's a well-known traditional Kauai recipe. I hear Ben Affleck uses it all the time. (if you've not watched this particular South Park episode none of this will make any sense of course)
And you got a chicken! And those lay eggs I hear. Which are the primary ingredients to your oh-so-favourite century eggs. Mostly. The efforts I go through just to please you.
Just thought I'd raise your hopes before painfully making them crash down to earth.
I guess pineapples are okay. More of a cheese person myself.
From the definitive FPN thread on the 2000:I don't remember the episode of the podcast where Brad talks about getting his 2000 ground by Matsuyama, but I think he ended up doing it twice and the latter was in a more recent episode. I believe the problem ended up to be quite simple and the grind was fairly easy. If you come across a problematic one it should be an easy fix. As mentioned, vendors like John Mottishaw or Richard Binder will always test-drive them unless you...
Did anyone eventually get their hands on one of the home kits? - https://www.justmyshop.com/camp/finalaudiokit/   After total silence from ANYMODE and korean friends as proxies on the lookout to no avail, I'm inclined to try these out. For those who did order the kit, did they ship worldwide or did you have to resort to Tenso/other forwarding services? I'd play around with their online ordering service to check myself but their servers seem abyssmally slow over...
动圈 (moving coil) is what those in the Chinese audio community refer dynamic drivers as. When you think about the mechanism it makes sense.   Those look spiffy but I'd be hesitant at 50 bones (after conversion). Still....   Anyone hear much about the KC800s that had been mentioned on the Ostry thread? Very little bits and pieces on Erji.
I have thought about that with some of my Shure cables. If it is simply cutting out because of contact wear it should be receptive. I have a couple that are now physically smaller and are unable to make consistent contact at times. Good call. I probably do have some lying around.   Something that is less likely since they are new is that there's some dust and debris lying around in the sockets (I have this a lot with other coaxial cables since they lie around unplugged...