or Connect

Posts by TwinQY

Whoops! Let me fix that...   There we go.   Any of you life-hacking hacks get into this (or any of the meal replacement beverages)?
Have the Thick as a Brick DVD (really good-sounding!) but not his Aqualung. The only ways to get the 5.1 mix are the DVD or BD from the boxset, a bit too spendy for me at the moment. Might settle for trying out just the stereo, either the CD or the one on HDTracks (looks to be the Wilson remaster), but I'm reasonably happy with my current copy (25th Anniversary).
Saw the 1ES on Penon today. Looking forward to the 5s.
Pierre Monteux, London Symphony Orchestra - Ravel: Daphnis et Chloé, Elgar: Enigma Variation     Alois Haba - Complete Nonets     King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic This is the 40th Anniversary Edition, CD+DVD-A, with the 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson. Absolutely wonderful. A real pain to rip, but I'll get to that. I chanced upon a 40th Anniversary copy of In the Court through...various (possibly questionable) means, and it blew my old copy away (had to downmix...
Charles Dutoit, Orchestre Symphonique de Montreal - Ravel: Ma Mere l'Oye; Pavane; Le Tombeau de Couperin; Valses     Philip Glass - Akhnaten     Isaac Hayes - Shaft - Music from the Soundtrack
Toru Takemitsu - Toward The Sea / Rain Tree / Rain Spell / Bryce   Miles Davis - Sorcerer
Have not ABed them but it's more than likely they would be using the same formula across all their ceramic leads. That seems to be the case for other companies like Staedtler (do not notice a difference between the Lumographs and their 2mms).
Have been admiring the Huaweis on Aliexpress for a while now and it's good to see that the tips aren't half bad. Might have to pick up a pair.
Playing devil's advocate.   http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/09/malcolm_gladwell_s_10_000_hour_rule_for_deliberate_practice_is_wrong_genes.html http://pss.sagepub.com/content/25/8/1608
Better being schwifty than being silent.