or Connect

Posts by TwinQY

the man-eating bacteria
Jumping June. Jiving June. Jovial June. Jaunty June. Jesting June. Jingling June. Jazzy June. Joyous June. Juicy June. Jolly June. Jolting June. Juvenile June.
Sometimes for even less, if you don't mind taking chances.   To be fair, I would still buy from Goulet/Anderson/co. Just putting this out there.
I can see the future...it ain't going to be a Jostling June for sure.
I think like many things, context (lighting and paper), is key. It's a real PITA to find pictures of inks online that matches well with one's usage conditions. I found gylyf's reviews on FPN to be the closest in terms of how I see inks IRL. Drab lighting similar to what I'm under most of the time, not using some thick 1.5mm italic (difficult to relate to those reviews), includes angled shots for catching sheen, and typically on Tomoe River.   As an aside on paper, I'm...
Oh, and KWZ inks...   Interested in Mandarin (#82 in the picture), IG Green #3 (#76 in the picture), Honey, and Grey Plum. Will most likely get Mandarin and Grey Plum for next month's ink. Looked at all of the IG Blues offered, and they were all too enticing, so I decided to give up on those. After Kobe #51, would I really need any other BBs (the answer would still be "probably", but with a bit more hesitation than before). Green Gold 2, Grapefruit, and IG...
That's just lovely :)
To me it is right along the line of a "middle-of-the-road" purple, maybe a tinge towards the red side (rather than blue), but not enough to be adequately interesting/complex. Could have been more interesting if it were more heavily saturated. And more red, like the new Lamy Dark Lilac. If it were less saturated, but more blue, I would have liked it more as well.   This picture of Murasaki-shikibu is very close to how I saw it (seems to be on Tomoe as well).   If it...
I find people smile more in movies than they do in real life. Maybe I need to smile more. I used to smile more in the past (so I have been told). I feel like I might have BRF syndrome these days. Generally, I find myself in a fairly good mood most of the time, but whenever I catch my reflection, I always seem like I am mid-scowl.   Smiling is a strange reflex. Baring your teeth is almost like a show of weakness. I think that's from Dwight (The Office). In which case,...