Posts by TwinQY

Ryo probably gave him some pointers. They all use FitEars, of course.   Well, maybe not Ue-chan.
Look I can go through all of Sonic Youth's B-sides, Aphasia cassettes off my Walkman, or even Ground Zero's live stuff, off of HD800s just fine. I think the thing to take away from this is that when people say that lo-fi doesn't sound good on good gear, they fail to understand that lo-fi is not supposed to sound good, period. When a piece of gear presents something as musically engaging, you'd have to find the music itself to be engaging, to be engaged at all. I feel like...
Polysicks aka JapaDevo aka the greatest ode to P-Model ever can tell you to suck it. You shouldn't even be comparing them to Vola. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with unkie.   You know what sounds great on these reshells? All of Sappukei. Noticing that U-Rei sounds like the Windows error message playing in the background....
Eminem with some Westones.   SCANDAL members with their FitEars.  
Maybe you should have been listening to proper music with the Shures just as Shure intended you to.
They seemed to be pretty run-of-the-mill imaging wise. I sort of like that. Not super diffuse. Maybe I'm just a fuddy-duddy. Not good enough for Tralucents or anything.
Fried chicken is the only chicken.   I really enjoy how the Japanese do deep-fried though. Chicken Karaage is my favourite incarnation of fried chicken I've eaten thus far. It's been one of my favourite foods, period. It's the ginger and garlic that does it. The great thing is that they taste great when they are fresh and crisp, but also tastes spectacular when they are stale and a little bit soggy. It's the darnedest thing.   There's not a lot of good fried chicken...
There might be some confusion, with the fault lying on my end.1) The comparisons were done between the universals and the reshelled W4 + 3200 I had sent to me, in a store. I certainly don't have reshelled versions of all of these IEMs.2) "These have a more visceral, but cleaner, low end" - i.e. the SE846s have a more visceral, and cleaner low end than my reshells.3) I think Mr. K just buys his Knowles from Digikey/Mouser, and his Sonions elsewhere.Or maybe I just read what...
I think bears only eat beets.
After trying a couple of cables yesterday, as well as trying some today, I'm finding that the SE846 stock cable seems to stay on tighter than the stock ones, even on the left side of these CIEMs. So do the FiiO RC-SE1. I'm now thinking that the MMCX connectors on this cable (and on a lot of my older Shure cables that I had tried) are loose and the left socket is only very slightly looser than the right. I will have to ask him to send a new cable, and if that does not work...