or Connect

Posts by TwinQY

make it double
Opus has been performing wonderfully on Rockbox, thanks to progress on the encoder. For a while I had been worried about battery life vs. Vorbis, but benchmarks seem to show that they are performing similarly. I've been building the encoder off of the git repo and even then I've not come across any problems. During 2012-3 I had some tagging problems with some Opus files but they seemed to have stopped happening. Simply nothing to complain about usability-wise these days.
I've managed to keep myself away from Yama-dori and Oku-yama (also Doyou), as I'm not as enthralled with the colours as I was the other colours. I really liked deep teals at one point but they've fallen out of favour (this is also true for Ku-jaku, Emerald of Chivor, anything teal with substantial sheen - I've missed the train on a lot of popular things). The Four Seasons all share a similar level of sheen (although Oku-yama sheens yellow-ish) so it's no big loss. The only...
got away from
I had assumed that was what he was intending to do, convert to a lossy format from newly ripped FLAC files. Although he had not said so explictly, it seemed like the logical progression, which might have been too eager an assumption. If he is indeed intending to replace everything with just another lossy format, I would also like to reiterate that: 
and also smell
I would consider doing some listening test on your own to decide where the threshold for transparency is. I will say that those are some very high bitrates, and transparency is often achieved for many at lower bitrates. As for the comparative quality between AAC and MP3, I would suggest looking around/asking on the Sound Science forum. I will however, link to this (if it infracts upon some rule, I am willing to remove it at the behest of the staff) - keeping in mind that...
Drizzled on jalapeños
and dead gerbils
I believe those are the HUAST H10 (according to a reverse image search).