Posts by Coq de Combat

Honestly, they look kinda cool. I couldn't pull it off though.
I wanted to answer, but I have too many different headphones for different reasons, it'd only turn out silly.
Thanks guys, today I took a decision: that high bridge with loads of drugs in my system, or keep struggling. I will keep struggling. It sucks, but when I think about it, I don't know what life will bring me in the future and that's a good thing. How much worse can it get? I'm sure it probably only gets better from now on. With some effort I can probably get my life back on track. Objectively, I have such a great position to make it happen. Would be a shame to bury it six...
Mutabor, yeah you could say that. I was dumped by my wife, lost my home, my hypomania is over (welcome depression), Hungover and I keep burning bridges at work while hypomanic. I feel like that bridge (to jump from) is my only option, but I did the mature thing for my kids: I went to the psych emergency. I feel like, f*** everything, right now.
I wish I could say take care buddies.   I need to get away. Can't stay here. I don't mean head-fi in general, or this thread in particular.
I honestly think there's a lot to buying $1000 headphones, other than their sound quality. Especially on places like head-fi. No one wants to get left behind, and for some it's bragging rights. The notion that somehow the enjoyment of music lies within the price tag is ridiculous. The enjoyment of wearing headphones on the other hand might increase with the price, knowing that $1000 headphones are on the top of your head may make you happy or proud. At the end of the day,...
Mutabor, I've been eyeing some Eccos now and some are actually nice looking. I know Eccos are supposed to be good but catch flack from certain snobby enthusiasts, how are yours in quality? Think they'll last you a couple of winters?
If you are allowed to, bring your own mech keyboard jgray, or have them buy one for you. My IT manager bought me one the first week I worked there, and a real mouse as well. I can't even begin to tell you the difference in productivity it makes for me to work with a good keyboard and a good mouse instead of those mushy pieces of crap they send with our computers (we have HP, same crap). I know already two more that have changed their gear for the better at work, with the...
Honestly, the best boots I've ever owned, by far, has been Dr Martens.   I've had these (yep, steel toed):     ...for more than 15 years, and they're still as good as new. I haven't worn them all the time, but I haven't really taken care of them either. They used to be comfy, and in my most humble opinion, they look damned good if you like that industrial look. Which I admittedly do.   Why am I bringing this up? Well, I think my feet have grown sideways making...