Posts by beaver316

I had no clue! I was always using the one under Playback > Output.   The one you mention is at 10 by default, that seems quite low. Increasing it seems to give a large hit to my spectrum visualizer frame rate. Im thinking of re-enabling the device I disabled before and increasing the buffer to see if that would help but honestly I think I'll leave it the way it is. Why fix what ain't broke?   But thanks for the tip.
  Im guessing it's a result of a bad driver because when I upgraded to Windows 7 I used Windows update drivers which are sort of a "one size fits all" driver solution. Sony didn't make available certain drivers for those upgrading to Win7 from Vista which my laptop originally came with. 
  I know the feel! As you could tell from some of my earlier posts I was close to giving up, I had looked through so many web pages and tried countless things on my laptop, but im just thankful it's solved.
  Awesome idea Justin, sounds like something that would really catch on. 
mich41, it seems your idea has worked a treat!   I had actually done before what you suggested, by seeing what other devices share the same number as my usb port and disabling those devices (there were about 4 of them including my wireless network card and SATA). In the end it didn't work. But I hadn't noticed that my other USB ports have different IRQs, meaning there are different devices with the same number. Turns out for my other usb port there's only one other...
  I will get right on this and post back.
  Your post had given me a sense of hope seeing as I have avast on my system. I uninstalled it, rebooted, played some music.... and still pops  Man I'm starting to think this will never be solved.
I've come across a very useful article that I believe has led me on the right track. On this link under the IRQ Conflicts section shows this:     I did exactly this and came across this       As you can see there are 4 other devices which share the same number as my OHCI Compliant Host Controller. So by process of elimination I started disabling them one by one and testing audio playback between each disable. None of them did the trick until I disabled Mobile Intel...
Yes I tried that. I tried many different buffer sizes both high and low. No go.
  It's quite hard to find a bad match for the HE-400, it does well off anything really.