Posts by beaver316

I've done some listening with the jerpads and it's really difficult for me to compare sounds based on memory, but I think I can safely say that the jergpads do indeed flatten out the midrange somewhat. Female vocals (upper mids) sound a little fuller I think, and some of the edge to sibilance seems to have been shaved off, but not completely. Some of my badly recorded song that exhibit thin female vocals with the velours seem to sound fuller with the jergpads. The rest...
  We may as well abolish all the rules then 
  First world problems man..
  That honestly made me laugh more than it should have.
  Thanks for this post. I'll better compare the two pads tomorrow especially vocals, right now there's people sleeping.
  Honestly I haven't formed an opinion on the sound yet. The time I posted my impressions I had listened to maybe 2 minutes worth of music. Im just disappointed with the fit and finish (my fault probably), not so much the sound.   I'll post further sound impressions once I form a more solid opinion.   What do you make of the difference between the jergpad and the velours? Also do you think the velours have that ringing issue you mention?
  There should be, but they may cost more. The ODAC is already fantastic value.
  The e17 dac is pretty good, but ODAC is a step ahead. Better resolution.
  Sure, this picture was from earlier. I followed your pattern pretty much exactly. Don't forget i also glued the dust screen on the ring, it has that distinct super glue smell engraved into the pads now.   Yeah for sure duct tape would have made a big difference, but it is only applied on the four 'corners' of the pad and ring. The areas where tape is not applied easily separate and that's an issue.    edit: here's that the ring looks like with the dust...
So i finally finished the mod, I had to super glue the dust cover to the plastic ring, and then use sellotape to attach the ring to the pad (no duct tape in the house frustratingly). First impressions, it feels like a total hack. The sellotape just isn't strong enough so the whole pad feels like it could fall apart. Im starting to wish I didn't cut off the outer plastic ring that held together the mounting ring. These reasons alone may be enough for me to go back to...