or Connect

Posts by beaver316

You're EQing down right? Otherwise there might be clipping. I tried EQing the bass about a month ago when I first got them, but wasn't so impressed. I'll try it again tonight though as I've grown more accustomed to the sound since then. But like others have mentioned, on a bass heavy track these things can wobble your ears.
I sold my HE-400 a couple days ago and bought my loaner HE-400i. The HE-400i is on a different level than the HE-400 in my opinion, despite it's lesser bass.   Besides, with HifiMan's huge discount on their loaner pairs I just couldn't miss the opportunity.
  Probably something from Audeze...
 That's a bit of an exaggeration. 
 Going back and forth myself, the difference is huge to me. So much so that I feel like the HE-400 is unlistenable now.
 I too have a pm from them. At that price I simply cannot say no.
 I won't be returning them, despite having less bass than my HE-400. It's a far superior headphone imo in almost every way to give up just because of the bass.
Sweet! Do you feel the HE-400i scales with better gear better than the HE-400 does?
 Yeah Im plenty happy with it. It doesn't rumble as much as the HE-400 and slam is ever so slightly less, but it's more than enough for me. I actually think the bass has improved slightly since I first put them on. Not sure if it's in my head, but it seems to extend a little lower than at first. I'm getting more satisfaction from the bass and the overall sound the more I listen though. It's been nearly two weeks now and I'm enjoying them more and more. Maybe my brain is...