Posts by beaver316

EQ is most definitely the best way (most accurate) to smooth out the peaks. It allows you more precision to flatten the specific areas you find bothersome.  Sure there are people, like myself originally, who aren't/weren't too fond of using EQ but I quickly realized that I can get the sound exactly how I like it, so I went for it and couldn't be any happier.
 Quickly, edit your post before Hifiman read it and delay the phone again!
 I'll be looking forward to your comparison Raven. Don't leave us hanging. 
 150 euros is crazy low. Nice find.
 Grab the cups and twist them till they align, mine were like that as well. At first I thought it was a manufacturing defect, but turns out the cups twist.
 I wouldn't do the vent mod on the HE-400. Totally rolls off the sub-bass at the expense of a slight mid bass bump. Better off with EQ. Vent mod on the HE-500 is a.o.k though...
 If it sounds fine then you're probably ok.
 +1 I've said this before, but in my opinion, wood and headphones just don't mix. The plastic on the HE-400i makes more sense. Speaking of HE-400i, did Hifiman cancel those cans or what? Not a peep from them.
 Yeah I'm not sold on the idea of making the pads harder again. The old Hifiman velour pads are pretty damn stiff. So if we request the newer stiffer pads, do we still get the old "smaller" ones as well?
 How'd u like to pick up mine?  I'd give u a killer price.... HE-400i is very much on my radar.